Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mexico City - time req. for US check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, GOES

Trying to determine schedule for a gig in Mexico City. Wrap at noon, about 7 miles across the city from airport. Flight departs 3:45pm to ATL. Thoughts on security/check times? Checking bags.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL PM
I would be more concerned with Mexico City Traffic where 7 miles could take you more than an hour on certain days/times. We've never had an issue with the Sky Priority Line, Security, etc. at the airport.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I go to MEX as often as I can! I came back from there about 2 weeks ago, and, I believe I was also on the 3:45 PM flight to ATL. I was running later than I wanted to be, and should have taken a taxi or Uber to the airport, but, my hotel was 2 blocks from the city airport bus, and I was determined to take the bus - not to save money, but, just because I enjoy taking the city transportation!

Anyway - the part that applies to your question . . . . I got off the bus about 70 minutes before departure time - and got to the ticket counter to check my bags about T-65 minutes. I checked in - NO problem, and, I also had plenty of time to go to the AeroMexico Lounge for snax and a drink!

I'm certainly not suggesting that you cut it this close, I'm just trying to give you and idea of what will work if you need every last minute. I'm guessing that the cutoff for int'l check-in is T-60.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

You can always count on FT for the best 411. Thanks y'all.

Was a bit surprised at the high cost of Y and the comparatively low UG cost of J. Yup, pointy end for me.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Was a bit surprised at the high cost of Y and the comparatively low UG cost of J.
Maybe so, but, I find that MEX is an easy UG, particularly MEX/ATL.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

UG? Not UG eligible route, shown when selecting flights.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:48 pm

Nah! The IT for UGs has been broken for quite a while. There are many posts here about it.

Medallion UGs apply to (most) USA, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, and Latin American routes that do not have Delta One service/amenities.

I can't remember the last time I flew to or from MEX and I was NOT UG'ed.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

I did score an UG a few weeks ago to San Juan.... didn't think about that.

Well, it's so close in price, and a small % of the job cost, so... WFBF (is that the acronym?)
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:56 pm

*$%&@#* (is that the acronym?)
I really don't know what you're referring to. I can't read that!

Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

WantFirstBuyFirst

it's kicked around here in reference to FCM, but i'm too lazy ATM to go searching for it
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:04 pm

WantFirstBuyFirst

it's kicked around here in reference to FCM, but i'm too lazy ATM to go searching for it
I guess you didn't see my " "
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by sharktums
I would be more concerned with Mexico City Traffic where 7 miles could take you more than an hour on certain days/times. We've never had an issue with the Sky Priority Line, Security, etc. at the airport.
MEX is indeed a fairly efficient airport.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
MEX is indeed a fairly efficient airport.*
* Provided you don't have to change terminals or are not doing an I-I connection with a terminal change!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
For international (but not D1) flights where you should be eligible for an upgrade, it shows as ineligible until you get to the screen where you put your passport information in. Once you get to the final confirmation screen, it should show correctly that you're upgrade eligible.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
* Provided you don't have to change terminals or are not doing an I-I connection with a terminal change!
Definitely and worth noting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.