Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VA coded, VA stock ticket, DL problems?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Hey all -

Trying to do the following

Have a ticket JFK-LAX-SYD-DPS, all VA coded, but JFK-LAX-SYD is DL operated.

Having two problems
1) Cannot get a C+ seat JFK-LAX. System will not process the upgrade, and calling in they're saying they can't do anything
2) Cannot apply GUC LAX-SYD.

Any ideas on solutions?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Hey all -

Trying to do the following

Have a ticket JFK-LAX-SYD-DPS, all VA coded, but JFK-LAX-SYD is DL operated.

Having two problems
1) Cannot get a C+ seat JFK-LAX. System will not process the upgrade, and calling in they're saying they can't do anything
2) Cannot apply GUC LAX-SYD.

Any ideas on solutions?
Your exact scenario is why I ended up buying two separate one ways xxx-lax-syd this fall on delta stock rather VA becasue I was afraid that this could happen. The two one ways on delta were cheaper than the round trip on VA with the most expensive option being the delta round trip. With the new C+ enhancements this isnt suprising. Delta doesnt even know how to handle C+ on their own stock.

Last edited by dzflyer; Apr 19, 2016 at 10:11 pm
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the rules clearly say that to use a GUC the flight cannot be a codeshare, especially with a marketing carrier other than AF/KLM. So I don't think you'll have any success on that.

For the C+ domestic seat (and I assume you also want C+ on the longhaul), calling DL should work provided that the domestic segment is before May 16th. DL agents have been making exceptions to give C+ to companions on separate PNRs, so there seems to be some flexibility, although since VA is effectively your travel agent for these flights, DL might not be able to touch the ticket until the day of departure. Once the domestic C+ situation goes into "upgrade" mode on May 16th, I would assume that the rules will be very similar to those pertaining to free elite upgrade requests into domestic FC, which again presumably exclude flights booked as partner codeshares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.