FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   T-Mobile service at DTW? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1760654-t-mobile-service-dtw.html)

tanktronic Apr 19, 2016 6:41 pm

T-Mobile service at DTW?

I can't be the only one dealing with this...I have TMobile cell service, and I have great difficulty getting a signal - any signal - in the McNamara terminal at DTW. Add to that the atrocious Wi-Fi there, which "connects" then does nothing, and I often find myself in my home airport, unable to use voice or data. Using a cell service that partners with GoGo, ironically. Anyone else experience this? Have any tips?

3Cforme Apr 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by tanktronic (Post 26509140)
Anyone else experience this? Have any tips?

Yes. T-Mobile is worthless in many places of the A Concourse.

Dump T-Mobile if signal at DTW is important to you.

KDCAflyer Apr 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 26509163)
Yes. T-Mobile is worthless in many places of the A Concourse.

Dump T-Mobile if signal at DTW is important to you.

I would go further and say that T-Mobile is useless everywhere.

AANYC1981 Apr 19, 2016 7:33 pm

I've never had an issue on DTW WiFi

CPMaverick Apr 19, 2016 7:56 pm

That's strange, I have T-Mobile and have transited DTW many times with no issue at all, except in the downstairs international arrivals...

DL-Don Apr 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick (Post 26509419)
That's strange, I have T-Mobile and have transited DTW many times with no issue at all, except in the downstairs international arrivals...

+1

My experience as well.

PABE Apr 19, 2016 11:22 pm

I had T-Mobile for a couple of years and was always impressed at how much better it was the moment you left the US...
No service at home, 5 bars in rural Argentina.

tanktronic Apr 20, 2016 12:22 am

Originally Posted by sturges (Post 26510065)
I had T-Mobile for a couple of years and was always impressed at how much better it was the moment you left the US...
No service at home, 5 bars in rural Argentina.

Also, free everywhere in the world. That's why I can't dump it :(

joepercussion1 Apr 20, 2016 5:25 am

Contact T-Mobile Support. They are very helpful with these kinds of issues. I am sure they would want to know this so they can work to get a resolution in place. It isn't like this is only affecting one person...

avcritic Apr 20, 2016 6:04 am

Most carriers(particularly TMO) depend on WiFi Calling to cover their network gaps. If your device supports WiFi Calling and the feature is enabled, it could be that WiFi was not working.

AT&T is planning to use WiFi calling to provide voice calls when you are abroad.

flyerCO Apr 20, 2016 7:02 am

Originally Posted by joepercussion1 (Post 26510791)
Contact T-Mobile Support. They are very helpful with these kinds of issues. I am sure they would want to know this so they can work to get a resolution in place. It isn't like this is only affecting one person...

As another poster pointed out Tmobile is great...as soon as you leave the US. Inside the US I've even had Tmobile say is not great. It was one of the reasons they want to merge with ATC.

AANYC1981 Apr 20, 2016 8:03 am

Also if trying to use WiFi calling at DTW, it's not automatic as you would need to log-in to the DTW WiFi network first (think it's a rolling free 45 minute session)

Michael Ad Apr 20, 2016 8:13 am

Funny - I started a thread (got merged) about how bad T-Mobile is at LAX.

Great around LA, just basically useless at LAX.

Maybe there are higher fees for locating towers on airport property, and T-Mobile scales back there?

AgentCooper Apr 20, 2016 9:36 am

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 26509336)
I would go further and say that T-Mobile is useless everywhere.

Sounds very anecdotal to me. I very rarely have issue with T-Mobile and anyone would have a hard time prying me away from them especially with their free international data roaming and texting (extremely useful while traveling abroad).

AgentCooper Apr 20, 2016 9:40 am

BTW, I understand that T-Mobile has rolled out their band 12 coverage at DTW which provides MUCH better coverage but of course your phone has to support it (my does which explains why I personally haven't had any issues).