Search

Skyclub Zoo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Skyclub Zoo

And I don't mean zoo because of 'emotional support' animals, but humans acting like them. Sitting in ATL E Skyclub and its crazy. Buffet/snack area is under attack with a line stretching out into the general seating area. Just saw a guy shove his bare hands into the bagel chip basket and grab a fistfull instead of using the tongs that were in the way of his hand. Bar area reminds me of a frat house with people lined up to get beer.

I should've stayed in the F club longer, was relatively quiet there. The A club is more civilized than E.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Skydumps continue to be awful-thats not going to change. They are no more than extended waiting rooms at this point. The old BE lounge in E was the last of a dying breed.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Wait, did someone say Delta launched a new service called SkyZoo?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
DL needs to eliminate this as a DM Perk (I'm allowed to say that, I am a DM). They need to raise the entry rate even further (especially the day passes). They need make executive one guest only. I couldn't care less if people have 10 children...that is a personal life choice and shouldn't interfere with the rest of us in the lounge. That said, the crowd is noticeably smaller in the clubs than it was pre-current change. You can't keep people from acting like animals, so the key is reducing the amount of people allowed or able to access.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by bubbashow
DL needs to eliminate this as a DM Perk (I'm allowed to say that, I am a DM). They need to raise the entry rate even further (especially the day passes). They need make executive one guest only. I couldn't care less if people have 10 children...that is a personal life choice and shouldn't interfere with the rest of us in the lounge. That said, the crowd is noticeably smaller in the clubs than it was pre-current change. You can't keep people from acting like animals, so the key is reducing the amount of people allowed or able to access.
You are kidding right?! That's one of the only few worthy perks left. They should NOT eliminated for DM or Gold on International... They should just allow the Pax and not a bunch of other family members... The other thing to do is to make the connection short enough that we won't have time to use the lounge...

Trust me, some days I could really use a drink in a quite place after being on an international flight with 14 hours of baby crying...

People: STOP bringing your infants onto international flights. Fly the grandparents to see the baby instead flying the baby to the grandparents...
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
DL needs to eliminate this as a DM Perk (I'm allowed to say that, I am a DM).
If you fly 125,000 MQMs worth with Delta in a calendar year, you deserve free SkyClub entry.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ND76
If you fly 125,000 MQMs worth with Delta in a calendar year, you deserve free SkyClub entry.
What if you only fly 85,000, but you're still a DM?

Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Man in blazer, cravat, and yachting cap... speaking to wife: "Tsk, Tsk, Lovey... I dare say, these people would never get into the tennis club back in Newport."
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by rylan
And I don't mean zoo because of 'emotional support' animals, but humans acting like them. Sitting in ATL E Skyclub and its crazy. Buffet/snack area is under attack with a line stretching out into the general seating area. Just saw a guy shove his bare hands into the bagel chip basket and grab a fistfull instead of using the tongs that were in the way of his hand. Bar area reminds me of a frat house with people lined up to get beer.

I should've stayed in the F club longer, was relatively quiet there. The A club is more civilized than E.
If you think today is bad in E ....I was in E last month at the same time the Korean air flight was departing and it had some ridiculous things happening with some ridiculous people and Ill leave it at that.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:14 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Man in blazer, cravat, and yachting cap... speaking to wife: "Tsk, Tsk, Lovey... I dare say, these people would never get into the tennis club back in Newport."
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:01 pm

errrhh @ babies and kids!! They should be banned!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by wlau
errrhh @ babies and kids!! They should be banned!
Or limited at least ;-)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I see your point. My two favorite bad-old-days-when-Skyclub-access-was-way-more-open are these:

1. LAX Skyclub, older woman loads a used drink tray with fake cheese, carrots, and celery for her and her friends to feast on.

2. LAX Skyclub is so crowded that me and my guest nephew sit on the rug

Still, I travel a lot with my wife who has Plat status on Delta, and I'm really annoyed that I can't guest her in anymore unless I cough up $29.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:12 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wlau
People: STOP bringing your infants onto international flights. Fly the grandparents to see the baby instead flying the baby to the grandparents...
I don't think this would solve any problem. The problem here are not the infants traveling on international flights, but those who are not tolerant enough to acknowledge that both the infant and the grandparents are human beings and have the same right to travel internationally.

Perhaps those who are not tolerant can look into this two options:

1) Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones
2) Delta Private Jets
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I don't think this would solve any problem. The problem here are not the infants traveling on international flights, but those who are not tolerant enough to acknowledge that both the infant and the grandparents are human beings and have the same right to travel internationally.

Perhaps those who are not tolerant can look into this two options:

1) Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones
2) Delta Private Jets

^ Amen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.