Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fine print on overhead space

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:03 am

Delta should be ashamed to market this as a perk to begin with. Fine print not withstanding it’s simply misleading.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Delta should be ashamed to market this as a perk to begin with. Fine print not withstanding it’s simply misleading.
Agreed. Not to mention they tell you "your bag" has to have some goldilocks standards applied to it. Not too large and not too small. Your bag has space unless it doesn't, and even if there is space your bag is too small so we ask you to reserve that space for larger roll aboards.
dalehill likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Any reasonable person understands exactly what it means and it is far from misleading.

There simply is no guarantee of OH space because, for better or for worse, in a standard narrow-body, even with the C+ pitch, there is not enough space if everybody brings the largest "legal" carry on. At least, if you are able to board with your BG, e.g. not a tight connection, if the C+ bins can't accommodate you, it is somebody in the back who loses out because you still have time to find OH space.

Absent a major change, the choices are to reduce the carry-on allowance and enforce it to the millimeter, or to muddle by as it is today.
ryw and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
Any reasonable person understands exactly what it means and it is far from misleading.

There simply is no guarantee of OH space because, for better or for worse, in a standard narrow-body, even with the C+ pitch, there is not enough space if everybody brings the largest "legal" carry on. At least, if you are able to board with your BG, e.g. not a tight connection, if the C+ bins can't accommodate you, it is somebody in the back who loses out because you still have time to find OH space.

Absent a major change, the choices are to reduce the carry-on allowance and enforce it to the millimeter, or to muddle by as it is today.
"Dedicated" because of a sticker with no enforcement and is commonly ignored, blatantly or ignorantly, means it is misleading. I agree the statement itself is not misleading but the actual product received is far from advertised.

I get your point though, it is basically free while supplies last, joke is the supplies are few.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Often1

It’s misleading. Stop marketing dedicated space and remove stickers. Problem solved. Everything doesn’t need to be accompanied by TOC.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tvtd
FAA regulations may stipulate the number of carry-ons a PAX can bring, but I think it's time for the airlines to get serious as to the realistic size.
More often than not, I see travelers (usually the road warrior type) with a rollaboard, a largish backpack/briefcase, and a smaller bag. I can understand the desire, but I just think it is a selfish attitude. It's a little disappointing that the gate agents don't enforce that rule--I guess on time departure is more important (and keeping the customer happy).

I used to be a diehard one bag traveler, but have switched to checking my rollaboard and carrying a small backpack in the cabin. For me it is a more laidback approach to travel.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by No_Name
More often than not, I see travelers (usually the road warrior type) with a rollaboard, a largish backpack/briefcase, and a smaller bag. I can understand the desire, but I just think it is a selfish attitude. It's a little disappointing that the gate agents don't enforce that rule--I guess on time departure is more important (and keeping the customer happy).

I used to be a diehard one bag traveler, but have switched to checking my rollaboard and carrying a small backpack in the cabin. For me it is a more laidback approach to travel.
There is always a slight risk that DL can lose/delay your checked luggage
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
For the experienced traveler, the disincentive is the airline's continuing inability to competently handle baggage.

My last two arrivals into PHL i
this is the problem. it's a PHL employee issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.