Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An FA flirting with a passenger?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
omg, my seat wouldn't fully recline in Delta One today "recently" and they had to do it manually - pilot and FA both - and the foot part had a small gap - they insisted they had to give me $1$$ even though I said it didn't matter, no harm and i didn't care - anyway, when the FA came with iPhone thing to take my e-mail address for compensation she kneeled by me as I was laying down and was seemingly rubbing my festively plump stomach - i would gladly use miles for this sort of experience. i think she was trying to support herself as she kneeled beside me during turbulence and the caressing of the stomach was a by-product of that.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I guess. . . . .

What happens in Delta One. . . . Stays in Delta One.

Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by davetravels
I guess. . . . .

What happens in Delta One. . . . Stays in Delta One.

Unless it's JFK-LAX in which it's OK for it to be on TMZ
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nikitta28
Unless it's JFK-LAX in which it's OK for it to be on TMZ
Either . . . .

1) You're referring to the time I was in D1 on LAX/JFK flying opposite Leo DiCaprio, and very briefly talked to him - - and I didn't know it was him . . . .

or

2) Or your joke went right over my head!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
update - the FA who rubbed my stomach complimented my eye-lashes; so i told her that i wanted to stuff her in the overhead bin - she said she can't fit on a330 bins - only 757 - so we broke up.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by emcnj
Where are all these good looking Delta flight attendants?
You stand better chances if you take relatively undesirable flights that the more senior FAs aren't likely to try to opt for the extremely attractive FA on my ATL-UIO flight explained to my that's why the crew were all so relatively junior.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by jimrpa
You stand better chances if you take relatively undesirable flights that the more senior FAs aren't likely to try to opt for the extremely attractive FA on my ATL-UIO flight explained to my that's why the crew were all so relatively junior.
Why would ATL/UIO be considered undesirable for a FA?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Quito has been having a lot of problems recently: crime, etc. I don't think it would be a fun place to spend a day or two. I don't think it's happening, but in the extreme, DL could forbid crew from leaving the hotel. OTOH, it should be nice and warm there......
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Why would ATL/UIO be considered undesirable for a FA?
Undesirable relative to Paris or Rio, for example, or undesirable because of the equipment or work schedule or other conditions. I know that major European capitals are very senior.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Undesirable relative to Paris or Rio, for example, or undesirable because of the equipment or work schedule or other conditions. I know that major European capitals are very senior.
What I meant was, I know that more senior FAs usually take the longer flights, as opposed to FNT/DTW/PIT, for example. (I know they stopped flying FNT/DTW)
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What I meant was, I know that more senior FAs usually take the longer flights, as opposed to FNT/DTW/PIT, for example. (I know they stopped flying FNT/DTW)
That's so the FA can work their full time hours while being away from home for fewer days or fewer trips. Of course, layovers in nice places are benefits of the job too. Some crew can manage to profit from the payments they receive for meals etc. when away from home.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Well, the flight leaves in the early evening, so it's a dinner service, arrives in UIO close to midnight, does a short turn and returns to ATL around 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM (depending). It's a very long day for the FAs (the pilots lay over in UIO). Senior FAs may sometimes grab it to get their hours over with quickly, but not around holidays - hence, more opportunities to encounter relatively junior FAs over the holidays
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Quito has been having a lot of problems recently: crime, etc. I don't think it would be a fun place to spend a day or two. I don't think it's happening, but in the extreme, DL could forbid crew from leaving the hotel. OTOH, it should be nice and warm there......
FAs don't lay over there. I didn't see any evidence of any crime while I was there. The hotel cautioned me about taking random taxis, but I did take a random taxi one time anyway. The problem I had was that the driver had never heard of the JW Marriott and I had to give him the address (in my really horrible Spanish). I wanted to walk around the town a bit, but the hotel was pretty insistent that I use a car and driver, other than walking from the hotel to the shopping center/mall nearby (which turned out to be closed).

As for weather - nope, Quito is not a warm, sunny, tropical destination. Yep, it's near the equator (about 20 miles away). However, it's also at 9,300 feet, so it's not warm. It's a pretty interesting city and I'd encourage everyone to go there. Also, if you do an excursion to Cotopaxi (which I can't recommend highly enough), don't be stupid like me and try to take what appears to be the "quick" way up. Take the "easy" way up, which is the path to your left (I'm definitely going back to Quito if, for no other reasons than to see if I can find that FA again and to take the "easy" path up Cotopaxi and make it to the refuge )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.