Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Reserve Mileageboost MQMs Slow Posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else notice AMEX / Delta is slow posting Reserve MileageBoost MQMs this month? Hit my $60k in spend, statement cut on 04/01/2016, statement confirmed $60k spend attainment, but yet no MileageBoost MQMs yet. The system is usually pretty reliable and I see Mileageboost MQMs usually +1 day after statement cuts.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Last year, both my 30K and my 60K bonus MQMs were at least 10 days to post. Haven't hit the first yet this year.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
When I hit my threshold last month there was a message in my Amex account that there could be up to a 30 day delay for my Delta benefits to post to SkyMiles due to technology upgrades. My MQMs posted in about one business day.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Anyone else notice AMEX / Delta is slow posting Reserve MileageBoost MQMs this month? Hit my $60k in spend, statement cut on 04/01/2016, statement confirmed $60k spend attainment, but yet no MileageBoost MQMs yet. The system is usually pretty reliable and I see Mileageboost MQMs usually +1 day after statement cuts.
Do you mean you are not able to choose the MQM boost yet? Reserve card MQM boosts do not post automatically (unless you wait 90 days) since you can gift them to someone else.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Do you mean you are not able to choose the MQM boost yet? Reserve card MQM boosts do not post automatically (unless you wait 90 days) since you can gift them to someone else.
Exactly, I try to elect and it tells me I've not hit the threshold requirements. Like AMEX didn't send over the flag that says I hit the spend threshold.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:07 am

Not sure what exactly you mean by statement cut, but I thought you only got the MQMs after you paid the 30/60k (or started accruing interest)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Not sure what exactly you mean by statement cut, but I thought you only got the MQMs after you paid the 30/60k (or started accruing interest)
Negative, you get the 30/60 Mileageboost after your spend exceeds the 30/60 threshold and your statement processes for the month during which the threshold was exceeded.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I got an email last month that 15k MQMs were available, a day after my statement closed. I went to the Delta MQM keep/gift page and my 15k MQMs posted to my account instantly.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Exclamation

Delta just confirmed to me that AMEX is having data file corruption issues with the Skymiles posting file which is sent via Electronic Data Interchange to Delta from Amex.

Apparently the March file was corrupted, Amex tried several times to resend, and the issue is expected to cause a 1 - 2 week delay posting Skymiles and MQM Mileboosts for portions of March and April 2016.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Delta just confirmed to me that AMEX is having data file corruption issues with the Skymiles posting file which is sent via Electronic Data Interchange to Delta from Amex.

Apparently the March file was corrupted, Amex tried several times to resend, and the issue is expected to cause a 1 - 2 week delay posting Skymiles and MQM Mileboosts for portions of March and April 2016.
Interesting. I wonder if there is truth to that or if it's just another savvy customer service rep sounding confident while making up nonsense. Please don't be offended, I'm jaded with Amex customer service for the many different stories I've gotten about my skymiles not posting for my March statement. In my 4 calls no one has ever mentioned this, perhaps it's a new revelation or perhaps it's a way to get people off the phone.

Reference: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...yed-month.html
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Interesting. I wonder if there is truth to that or if it's just another savvy customer service rep sounding confident while making up nonsense. Please don't be offended, I'm jaded with Amex customer service for the many different stories I've gotten about my skymiles not posting for my March statement. In my 4 calls no one has ever mentioned this, perhaps it's a new revelation or perhaps it's a way to get people off the phone.
I'm slightly skeptical because the most recent closing date for my Reserve card was at the end of March (after yours) and my SkyMiles posted normally. FWIW I did not cross a 30k or 60k threshold.

In particular I would doubt that they have a "the" March file for the entire month. Maybe they had a problem with data transfer on specific dates which is why problems in the other thread seem clustered around 3/18 closing dates.

Sounds like there are problems with SPG cards too?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ex-points.html
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
From AMEX on Twitter

After linking to you was told:

Ask Amex @AskAmex

@renespoints We were aware of points not posting and are working to rectify the accounts that have been impacted. No ETA at this time. *R

https://twitter.com/AskAmex/status/717805754103701504
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also have a Delta Reserve. Statement close on 3/25 -- miles posted on 3/27 (did not cross bonus threshold yet).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Anwser-ish from Delta

FYI Delta RP folks did a drive-by comment here about this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post26459795
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Yeah

Mine still not credited from last month--they usually post around the 18th...so it's not fixed yet Glad I am not in immediate need of using them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.