Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL suspending ATL-BRU for the long term

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL suspending ATL-BRU for the long term

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Schranzmaster
I am not so good in english - thats the problem

Anybody sees chances to get a rebooking to frankfurt? They told me I only can choose between CDG, AMS, LUX or DUS... CDG is too far away... All other airports dont offer nonstop flights
AMS is 207 km (and pretty easy via train)
CDG is 296 km
DUS is 201 km
FRA is 382 km

Given the distance to FRA (DL likely calculating from BRU not where you reside), I'm not surprised.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Another press release on the return to service: http://news.delta.com/hearts-brussel...rives-tributes

Also,

"With hundreds of customers waiting to fly between the United States and Belgium, Delta has placed a larger aircraft, an Airbus A330, on the route for the next week."
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
I'm confused. I'm booked on a April 28 flight from BRU - ATL - SFO. The system also has on my itinerary a LHR - SFO (I guess held just in case).

Are they still flying BRU - ATL or will it be cancelled?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
I'm confused. I'm booked on a April 28 flight from BRU - ATL - SFO. The system also has on my itinerary a LHR - SFO (I guess held just in case).

BRU-ATL is officially cancelled until March, 2017. You can only fly BRU-JFK on DL. Call to rebook BRU-JFK-SFO.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I sent a tweet about 40 hours ago, but haven't heard back yet.
I would prefer to connect through AMS and ATL, and avoid JFK all together for a variety of reasons.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye

Sounds like they're planning on you flying VS from LHR-SFO and are probably waiting for ok to come back for a BRU-LHR flight on either British Airways or Brussels Airlines.

Not sure why theY didn't just do BRU-CDG/AMS-SFO. Lots easier and no non-partner airlines. I'd call and ask for one of those options and do it soon, the longer you wait the less seats as people change flights.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by dimramon
Since I have a ticket booked on this route, what is my best course of action... Does Delta automatically rebook, do I contact them?

I know they mentioned keeping the New-York route open... but I'd prefer a different connecting city.
They will probably rebook you, but if you care about the route you take, you're better off calling them and discussing it.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Brussels has been repeatedly attacked by terrorists, it is not a one off like San Bernadino. When you hit a transportation hub in the way they did BRU, it obviously is much more impactful to airlines and the trust of the government to keep foreigners safe
Repeatedly attacked? Really? Clearly I don't work in the same Brussels you are talking about.... It was the first attack I heard about, or maybe I don't follow the news...
Airport capacity will probably be back to normal when they have completely redone the terminal. I haven't heard when that will be. I read that it would take around to 12 weeks to get the terminal back in shape. It isn't clear when the work will start. They hoped it would be done before the summer holidays, but it might be tricky. Probably why they cancelled the less popular delta route, because the check-in tent can't handle all the flights the terminal could.
Getting to the airport is really difficult. You get stuck in traffic because of the controls. Only people with tickets are allowed anywhere near the tent where check-in happens. Train still not riding to the airport.
Noticed it was an airbus Saturday or so, but I bet they won't continue flying it on that route. Would love to fly it in September.

Cindy
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Schranzmaster
I am affected too.. Flight DL80 is still "on time" but cannot be found for new bookings. I called german delta hotline and they first told me they didnt know about it, and then they told me I have to call delta belgium, because the flight is from belgium and I automaticly get booked over delta belgium when departing from brussel. LOL? Delta belgium is not reachable by phone.. (Always getting "All lines are busy" error.. Tried about 50 times over 1.5 days)

I thought I would get better service when booking @ delta directly instead using a OTA.. Does not seem so
I have a flight LAS->ATL->BRU at the end of June. I called Delta's hotline around 1 week ago - so several days after the official announcement. They told me the flights still are confirmed. As I mentioned the ATL-BRU cancel announcement on the DL homepage, the callcenter agent had no information about this.
Currently, on "MyTrip" at Delta hompage this flight is confirmed, as well.
So what now?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MrChefman
I have a flight LAS->ATL->BRU at the end of June. I called Delta's hotline around 1 week ago - so several days after the official announcement. They told me the flights still are confirmed. As I mentioned the ATL-BRU cancel announcement on the DL homepage, the callcenter agent had no information about this.
Currently, on "MyTrip" at Delta hompage this flight is confirmed, as well.
So what now?
HUCA, especially since you pointed out the news release and they still didn't change it. Some agents are great and others make you wonder if there's anything between the ears.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by UAalltheway
Another press release on the return to service: http://news.delta.com/hearts-brussel...rives-tributes
Am I the only one who is annoyed with the bi-polar attitude of Delta?

Kuddos for top caring and all the efforts, etc. they are putting in, but at the same time they were the first airline to withdraw a route for a full year from BRU.
I understand the pull probably makes economic sense and means they can redeploy the AC somewhere else, but it's still sad.
How does the DL team in Belgium feel to get all the caring if at the same time a large share of their work is disappearing?

Note; I am Belgian and have self interest in a strong DL presence in BRU.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
HUCA, especially since you pointed out the news release and they still didn't change it. Some agents are great and others make you wonder if there's anything between the ears.
But is there no procedure of automatically rebooking in this case? The decision took place 10 days ago. But until now "MyTrip" tells me confirmation of DL at the end of June...

And if I have to rebook: does anyone know if I have a choice? Mostly in here I read one has to rebook on JFK-BRU. But are there also other possibilites? I will fly from LAS. There is no really good connection to BRU (departing after 8a.m.) but LAS->ATL->AMS->BRU or LAS->DTW->AMS->BRU. Less then 1 hour stopover at MSP or JFK is not really what I want...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MrChefman
And if I have to rebook: does anyone know if I have a choice? Mostly in here I read one has to rebook on JFK-BRU. But are there also other possibilites? I will fly from LAS. There is no really good connection to BRU (departing after 8a.m.) but LAS->ATL->AMS->BRU or LAS->DTW->AMS->BRU. Less then 1 hour stopover at MSP or JFK is not really what I want...
Figure out what you would prefer in terms of routing, and call in an request that routing.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Figure out what you would prefer in terms of routing, and call in an request that routing.
I have the same problem. Confirmed flights BRU - ATL -MCO in August. I called Delta. The rep. confirmed the news and told me that she can't re-book the flights until they are officially canceled in the system.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mario Van der Linden
I have the same problem. Confirmed flights BRU - ATL -MCO in August. I called Delta. The rep. confirmed the news and told me that she can't re-book the flights until they are officially canceled in the system.
Then you're going to need to watch delta.dumb and be prepared to call as soon as the flight for your travel date is cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.