Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex Delta Reserve Miles delayed this month?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
My daughter's card that has not posted is a DL Plat Amex.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
This thread should help... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles.html

This happened to me in December and it was a pain to get resolved.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
This thread should help... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles.html

This happened to me in December and it was a pain to get resolved.
Wow that made my head spin. Some interesting nuggets in there but, judging from your experience MSP_Monopoly, I should just call and ask to speak to a supervisor. What a pain but thank you for the post.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:14 am

AMEX, and DL by association, are really dropping the ball here. It's getting more difficult to get what is owed by both parties. I've given up on DL - life's too short to work through their maze of poor SkyMiles customer service when they screw up.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Oh sure, ruin all the fun Eddie! haha, kidding of course. Curious, what card do you hold?
I have the AMEX DL Reserve
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Wow what a time waste this has turned into. Let me tell you about my experience yesterday with Amex customer service. My first call was a few days ago where I was told it could take up to 30 days.

Call 1, Rep says they see the note in the account and that I need to call this specific Reserve/Delta # and they will sort it. I write down #, hang up, dial, only to then realize it was the same exact # I had dialed!

Call 2, Rep says they see they sent the miles to Amex, same story, puts me on hold to investigate further. Comes back, says they need to engage Delta, hangs up on me.

Call 3, (after waiting 5 mins to see if I get a call back), New rep, same song and dance, they agree to engage Delta. I wait for nearly 15 mins, they come back and confirm they have Delta on the line looking into it. Rep places me on hold, 2 minutes later call is disconnected again. ARGH. I wait for callback but nothing and didn't have the heart to call in again.

Fast forward to this morning where it's a whole new day and I'm ready for some punishment. So I call back. Get a nice rep named Carl who is very sympathetic to my plight and after the same song and dance we have Delta conference in. They don't see the points at all and there's nothing they can do after going back and forth for 10 mins. I ask that my miles be pushed through immediately and Carl says no problem, puts me on hold, comes back with a reference # and says it will still take 24-48 hours to post but I can be assured it's done.

I didn't get crazy, mad, or demand to speak to a supervisor. I wish I was more of a jerk sometimes haha. It's not the end of the world but I'm paying $450 a year for this type of customer service? Yikes. Plus I have 0 confidence these will show up and anticipate having to call back in next week to start over. I looked for a place I could file a complaint on Amex or even email my story but couldn't find one. This one might be worthy of some snail mail. What a pain.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:20 am

My account is also turned over on the 18th and miles are missing. When I called the rep was very nice and told me there was an IT problem that wasnt letting their miles transfer to delta. She said it was a first and they were having a really hard time with it but that they are aware and the miles will post at some point.

Im not sure if I got a randomly knowledgeable and courteous rep but she seemed pretty confident on it.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KyleasaurusRex
My account is also turned over on the 18th and miles are missing. When I called the rep was very nice and told me there was an IT problem that wasnt letting their miles transfer to delta. She said it was a first and they were having a really hard time with it but that they are aware and the miles will post at some point.

Im not sure if I got a randomly knowledgeable and courteous rep but she seemed pretty confident on it.
And I feel like this explains the whole problem with Amex customer service. Different messages from different people with no consistency. My concern is if this isn't resolved it will slip off my radar. I'm glad you got off the call feeling confident in that representatives answer but I wouldn't have.

I finally called back in Sunday morning, escalated, got on the call with Delta, they don't see the miles and state there's nothing that can be done. After the Amex rep assured me repeatedly that my miles would post within 48 hours and gave me a reference # for his escalation. I don't buy it but after spending over an hour on the phone my plan is to wait for next closing date and call back. What a pain.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:30 am

Thanks JTB for the followup. AMEX customer service should be better than this. My daughter will probably drop her AMEX is this isn't resolved in a timely fashion. After all, what's the card good for if you don't get the points? I can pay for boarding early and baggage when the need arises.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Mine usually post in about 2 days as well, but I am still waiting and my statement closed on 3/29.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Amusingly, I got a call from a rep with Amex Membership rewards this morning. They told me this case was escalated to them however it needed to goto the skymiles team, not membership rewards. Hah! I'm waiting until the 20th of April before I call back if they never post. Sick of the nonsense.

All this being said, I don't need the points right away, I just want to make sure they post as I'm a bit OCD about my skymiles and making sure I get what I'm entitled to based on stated benefits.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:58 am

Sick of the nonsense.....
+1
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:32 am

I have a Delta Business Platinum card with a closing date of 3/18 and the miles have not posted.

OP: Thank you for starting this thread and for everyone's contributions.

Happydad
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Me too

Mine Reserve miles are slow this month too. Billing date is the 13th....Usually post within 5 days..not yet there. Funny thing is we also hold a Plat--with a bill date of the 23rd...those miles have posted.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

After the Amex rep assured me repeatedly that my miles would post within 48 hours and gave me a reference # for his escalation.
And... shocker of all shockers, my miles still haven't posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.