Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I might, but I don't twitter... nor FB or instachat or snapgram... FT is about as close as I get to social media (OK, LNKD for work).
You can sign up for Twitter with minimal information and send a direct message to Delta. No one will even know it is you but the DL agent helping you.
I would highly recommend doing it.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by apodo77
You can sign up for Twitter with minimal information and send a direct message to Delta. No one will even know it is you but the DL agent helping you.
I would highly recommend doing it.

Haha, I don't really use apps either, in many cases (website functionality suits me better).

No thanks, I'll hope some kind FTer will post a menu... like Karmic payoff for some post where I in the past helped someone (maybe someone realizes that a "auto special meal request set up" is keeping her/him from receiving the menu email).
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Haha, I don't really use apps either, in many cases (website functionality suits me better).
Twitter has a web site interface too, FWIW.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:06 pm

Not sure whether anyone mentioned this before, but beyond the mail I would also like being able to go into my reservation and choose my meal. I was able to do this with American Airlines.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by af fp
Not sure whether anyone mentioned this before, but beyond the mail I would also like being able to go into my reservation and choose my meal. I was able to do this with American Airlines.
Baby Steps... Baby Steps...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

No thanks, I'll hope some kind FTer will post a menu... like Karmic payoff for some post where I in the past helped someone (maybe someone realizes that a "auto special meal request set up" is keeping her/him from receiving the menu email).
No offense intended, but you have likely spent more time posting in this FT thread than it would have taken to go to the twitter website, create an account, and send a message to DL.

Added bonus is that DL will be able to actually give a response specific to your flight and not a re-posted menu that may or may not match what your options truly are, and confirm your selection all in the same place.

I don't use twitter either, but I have an account for which the sole purpose is communicating with airlines/hotels/etc. when appropriate.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
No offense intended, but you have likely spent more time posting in this FT thread than it would have taken to go to the twitter website, create an account, and send a message to DL.

Added bonus is that DL will be able to actually give a response specific to your flight and not a re-posted menu that may or may not match what your options truly are, and confirm your selection all in the same place.

I don't use twitter either, but I have an account for which the sole purpose is communicating with airlines/hotels/etc. when appropriate.

But I like FT, I have no issue with my time spent on the site. I hate twitter (what I know of it, not having downloaded an app). I know how to use a browser to read a feed, but I have no interest in becoming a subscriber, using the app.

It's not like twitter is the only solution to my query... why are so many trying to pump my using twitter? I get it, twitter might help, thank you. Next?

...Just hoping someone might post a menu, the posts up-thread are full of menu images, is it such an unusual request?

Again, thanks for any assistance.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
But I like FT, I have no issue with my time spent on the site. I hate twitter (what I know of it, not having downloaded an app). I know how to use a browser to read a feed, but I have no interest in becoming a subscriber, using the app.

It's not like twitter is the only solution to my query... why are so many trying to pump my using twitter? I get it, twitter might help, thank you. Next?

...Just hoping someone might post a menu, the posts up-thread are full of menu images, is it such an unusual request?

Again, thanks for any assistance.
Twitter is not the only solution but they would have solved your problem already. Also you don't have to download an app to use Twitter (just go to www.twitter.com on any browser).
You also don't even need to read anything on the site to DM Delta or other airlines and hotels. DL Twitter team quickly helped me on my 2 recent international flights when no pre-order e-mail came.

As an FYI I hate Twitter and resisted for a long time but gladly use it for travel after reading about it in this forum. You don't ever have to read anything on the site to DM Delta or any other company At the end of the day people were just tryingto help you. Hopefully someone will get you a menu.

As an FYI Here is the response I got in about 2 minutes when I sent a DM for no pre-order e-mail in mid-June:

Looks like your choices are:
1.)PRAWNS IN THAI COCONUT SAUCE with pineapple fried rice, pak choy, fresh coriander and thai chilies
2.) SEARED BEEF TENDERLOIN with wild garlic mashed potatoes, mixed spring vegetables and balsamico PX jus
3. ) ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST on a potato leek ragout with runner beans and smoked tomato arugula salad
4.) SPRING VEGETABLE AND RICOTTA RAVIOLETTI* with roman vegetables and lemon cream sauce *vegetarian selection HNW
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Again, you don't *need* to "become a subscriber" or download any app. You don't need to ever post anything public or read anything anyone else posts, you can use it purely to send direct private messages only to Delta if you want.

People aren't "pumping" Twitter, they were trying to be helpful to you because (at least at first) it seemed like your resistance was based on a fear of the unknown, or incorrect assumptions about what would be involved in communicating with Delta via Twitter.

And because it presents an easy channel through which you could have already gotten the menu AND confirmed your meal selection by now, and yes, without any subscriptions or apps.

But now it just seems like you're digging in and being stubborn, which tends to make people curious

But ultimately you don't owe anyone any reasons beyond "I don't feel like using Twitter" so do whatever makes you happy if that includes doing things the hard way, that's your choice.

It's a totally reasonable request. Hopefully someone else will fly a route that has the exact same menu as the one for your flight and will see or remember this thread and post an image for you, before your flight rolls around.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
It's not like twitter is the only solution to my query... why are so many trying to pump my using twitter?
It's probably not the only solution, but based on what you've told us it's the best, quickest, and most direct solution.

If you get a flat tire on a random back road in the middle of nowhere, it is certainly a solution to put a "need help" sign on your windshield and then wait around hoping someone drives by who is willing to pull over and change your tire for you. Or, you could just get out, open the trunk, and change the tire.

Of course, ultimately your choice.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AZwldcats
Baby Steps... Baby Steps...
Yea, think of how long ago American (not exactly a mensa organization) started having the ability to preselect your entree and Delta is basically just getting around to that feature. So in other words expect that feature in a few years
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by apodo77
Twitter is not the only solution but they would have solved your problem already. Also you don't have to download an app to use Twitter (just go to www.twitter.com on any browser).
You also don't even need to read anything on the site to DM Delta or other airlines and hotels. DL Twitter team quickly helped me on my 2 recent international flights when no pre-order e-mail came.

As an FYI I hate Twitter and resisted for a long time but gladly use it for travel after reading about it in this forum. You don't ever have to read anything on the site to DM Delta or any other company At the end of the day people were just tryingto help you. Hopefully someone will get you a menu.

As an FYI Here is the response I got in about 2 minutes when I sent a DM for no pre-order e-mail in mid-June:

Looks like your choices are:
1.)PRAWNS IN THAI COCONUT SAUCE with pineapple fried rice, pak choy, fresh coriander and thai chilies
2.) SEARED BEEF TENDERLOIN with wild garlic mashed potatoes, mixed spring vegetables and balsamico PX jus
3. ) ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST on a potato leek ragout with runner beans and smoked tomato arugula salad
4.) SPRING VEGETABLE AND RICOTTA RAVIOLETTI* with roman vegetables and lemon cream sauce *vegetarian selection HNW

Quite useful, thanks. Given you hate twitter and resisted and found it useful, I'm interested. So, how does one DM Delta on twitter on a laptop... go to a twitter.com page or a delta.com page? I have no DM in my Delta app on phone (DL is rolling that out, not on mine yet, but I saw emails saying it is coming).

(off topic now, but should we care?)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Quite useful, thanks. Given you hate twitter and resisted and found it useful, I'm interested. So, how does one DM Delta on twitter on a laptop... go to a twitter.com page or a delta.com page? I have no DM in my Delta app on phone (DL is rolling that out, not on mine yet, but I saw emails saying it is coming).

Go to https://twitter.com/delta and click message.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:55 am

Definitely Twitter.com. You need to sign up first and follow the picture in the post above me. You can also send a message clicking the envelope in the top left of the page and typing in Delta in the "to" section.

Last edited by apodo77; Jul 3, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:19 pm

... although there is apparently a widespread outage going on that is affecting Twitter and specifically direct messages (also Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram) so today might not have been the best day for us to be pushing this point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.