Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 12:17 pm

Here are my lunch choices for first class JFK-LAS. I received the email but two other people on the itinerary did not, so I tweeted Delta to put in their choices.

Old May 19, 2019, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Antipasti plate as one of the only two options on a nearly 5 hour flight seems like a very meager offering.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:23 pm

I've had the antipasti plate several times, it's probably like 2500 calories.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: Delta PM
Just wanted to add a data point.

Wife and I are flying D1 to Japan. About 70 hours before the flight we both received separate emails to preselect our meals.

Both of our Skymiles numbers are on the reservation and both of our profiles contain our respective emails. We are also both medallion members.

It seems like the system does work, just wish it would allow preselection in the app or on the webpage instead of an email.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL GM
Question for those who've gone through the preselect process. Are the meal descriptions provided sufficient to determine if potential allergens might be present? For instance, in a previous post, there was an entry for a grilled chicken salad, with no mention of nuts. So would I be relatively confident in ordering it if I was allergic to nuts? On the plane, I have the option of asking the FA about ingredients. But I wonder if I preselect a meal that ends up having something I can't eat, am I out of luck?
Old May 22, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
So far mine have been pretty spot-on. Wording may be a little off but the ingredients list has always been accurate.

But on the other hand, is it really worth it? My mother has a nut allergy and I know she will never chance it.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:48 pm
tjm

Programs: Marriott: LT Titanium, Amtrak: Select Exec; Hertz: PC
Originally Posted by apodo77
Flying home LAS-MSP-TPA on Thursday and got the e-mail for LAS-MSP about 6 hours prior to MSP-TPA. Now for the choices:

LAS-MSP
OATS N HONEY GRANOLA CEREAL
with Chobani Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and croissant
SCRAMBLED EGG PRETZEL ROLL
Swiss cheese and turkey Canadian bacon

MSP-TPA (I'll eat in the terminal):
ANTIPASTI PLATE**
prosciutto, salami, grilled red and yellow peppers, marinated mozzarella balls, grilled zucchini and asparagus, artichoke hearts, provolone wedge, kalamata olives

**contains Pork
CHICKEN PUTTANESCA CIABATTA MELT
olives, capers and mozzarella cheese
Had the chicken puttanesca on my ATL-ELP segment today. Quite possibly the worst meal I’ve ever had on a Delta flight. Flavorless chicken, flavorless cheese, and an obnoxious spread that would have overpowered even highly flavorful chicken and cheese.

Interestingly, one of the choices on the return is a chicken pesto sandwich, which I presume is the exact same thing with pesto instead of puttanesca. Needless to say, I’m going with the southwest chicken Caesar.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA DL
My wife and I are traveling D1 PDX-AMS. Both of us have Skymile accounts, and both have emails listed in our profile. I have received the pre-order email she has not. Being retired neither of us now have FF status.

Is there some way we can pre-order a meal for her?. Not a big deal if it can't be done I'll just order her meal on my selection and take a chance they have what I wanted on the day.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by exlhr
My wife and I are traveling D1 PDX-AMS. Both of us have Skymile accounts, and both have emails listed in our profile. I have received the pre-order email she has not. Being retired neither of us now have FF status.

Is there some way we can pre-order a meal for her?. Not a big deal if it can't be done I'll just order her meal on my selection and take a chance they have what I wanted on the day.
Phone or Twitter agent should be able to do it for you.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA DL
Originally Posted by Zorak
Phone or Twitter agent should be able to do it for you.
Thanks, phone agent sorted it for me.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by exlhr

Call. Phone agents can do this and they can also tell you details of the meal choices, although it's pretty new, so some might still say "chicken or fish" without describing the choices.

Some phone agents are also confused about whether you're trying to order a special meal, such as diabetic or vegan, which requires 48 hours, versus pre-ordering from the meals that will be offered on your flight, which requires 24 hours (and really starts with the emails sent out 65-70 hours--not 72--in advance of scheduled departure time).
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:46 pm

Ok which one do I choose?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some phone agents are also confused about whether you're trying to order a special meal, such as diabetic or vegan, which requires 48 hours, versus pre-ordering from the meals that will be offered on your flight, which requires 24 hours

Both special meals and pre-select require only 24 hours notice.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:52 pm

Email just under 72 hours. 7:30am flight ATL LAX
TURKEY BACON AND CHEDDAR OMELET served with seasoned potatoes and Italian chicken sausage
STEEL-CUT OATMEAL AND QUINOA with peaches, pineapple, apples, almonds, & cranberries
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP.
CUN to LAX flight is tmw just got the email. not sure which will be good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.