Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by puck021

In something like 20 FC flights this year I have never received a single preselect email. These were either booked or upgraded ahead of time, with an email address that works for other Delta communications. No one has been able to tell me why this is happening.
I had been getting them up until my upcoming flight tomorrow . I received an email around T-60 for the first segment in F, but never received one for my second segment in D1. I was able to tweet them to preselect, but this is very frustrating that it's pretty clear they are still having problems getting emails out and that customers still have to take it upon themselves to call in or tweet or whatever, if they want to ensure their meal choice is available. Then trusting that it was inputed correctly.
I really hope DL fixes this soon
Old May 9, 2019, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Two cold items? Pretty weak offering.....
I was just thinking the same thing, and it's a pretty long flight too.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I still don't understand why this is conducted through email rather than the website. An email reminder to choose would be one thing, but you should be able to make the choice within your reservation.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:01 pm

Got my first email for my upcoming trip on Sunday MSP-MCO for breakfast. Excited that this happened. Scrambled egg burrito or Chex cereal for breakfast. Love this!
Old May 9, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I still don't understand why this is conducted through email rather than the website. An email reminder to choose would be one thing, but you should be able to make the choice within your reservation.
I agree. Either that or easily be able to link it to the SM account. If it were reliable I wouldn't mind the emails, but it's pretty annoying that I never got one for my paid D1 flight tomorrow. Had I not notified support, I would be stuck with whatever's left.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:42 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Got an email a day or two after comp. upgrade JFK-NAS. Options were a cold Chex cereal or Chorizo egg sausage sandwich.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
MSP-LAX

Old May 12, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors, Marriott
Wish I'd seen this sooner. Got the email about 72 hours before JFK-ATH, and again for ATH-JFK. Fairly standard stuff, but as I recall the outbound flight had salmon as an option, and the return flight was the same as was the AMS flight posted on April 3 (Prawns, chicken, ravioli, beef tenderloin.)
Old May 13, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Got the email today for a Thursday morning flight to RDU from MSP, about 70 hours pre-departure. Upgrade cleared yesterday afternoon. Choice of corn chex or chicken sausage breakfast burrito. I went breakfast burrito — we'll see whether they have record of my choice!
Old May 13, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Has anyone had the Cacio e Pepe baked eggs?

​​​​​​
Old May 18, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Another Pre-Select meal fail. +1 and I were upgraded to FC on my SEA-KOA flight Monday shortly after T-72 and neither of us ever received a pre-select meal e-mail afterwords. I just called DL and the agent had no listing of any pre-select options and could only give me the special meal options.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:07 am

I am probably just being dense, but where can one add the email address of a second passenger to a reservation? My Father booked tickets for he and my Mother, his email address is on the reservation and he received the pre-order email, but obviously as DELTA did not have my Mother's email address, she did not receive the email.

My Mother called in and she said the rep was able to take her selection over the phone, but I figured that DELTA must have a way to add a second email address. I scoured their reservation but I could not find a place to enter my Mom's email address.

Regardless on the outbound segment they reported back that they both received the choice, so calling does work, but Mom wanted to make her selection over the web, like my Father did.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Well I guess complaining on FT has its benefits. I woke up this morning to find a pre-select e-mail choice for my flight tomorrow. ^

Old May 19, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by kmersh
I am probably just being dense, but where can one add the email address of a second passenger to a reservation? My Father booked tickets for he and my Mother, his email address is on the reservation and he received the pre-order email, but obviously as DELTA did not have my Mother's email address, she did not receive the email.

My Mother called in and she said the rep was able to take her selection over the phone, but I figured that DELTA must have a way to add a second email address. I scoured their reservation but I could not find a place to enter my Mom's email address.

Regardless on the outbound segment they reported back that they both received the choice, so calling does work, but Mom wanted to make her selection over the web, like my Father did.
As the booking passenger, I have received two emails for two passengers on a PNR, and been able to select both entrees. Even though my companion is a skymiles member with an email address associated with the account. Oh well.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kmersh

You can't add an email to a reservation. In my experience, there is only one contact person for a reservation and that's the primary pax (you). Other pax are connected via their Sky Miles number. Your mom needs to have a Delta Sky Miles account setup, with an email address in her profile, and then make sure that her Sky Miles number is in the reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.