Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by mspdoc

I’m flying MSP-TPA and TPA-MSP this weekend. Got the regular preselection email 3 days out for both legs as usual.
Seems like there's a lot of misinformation flowing around about domestic preorder the past couple of weeks. I think that the system just doesn't work well right now. Some people get the emails, some don't. Parents haven't received one for flight out of MSP tomorrow.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by demkr
Seems like there's a lot of misinformation flowing around about domestic preorder the past couple of weeks. I think that the system just doesn't work well right now. Some people get the emails, some don't. Parents haven't received one for flight out of MSP tomorrow.
I’ve been 5/5 on getting emails so far but I did have 1 flight where the cabin crew never got the preorder info. I get that they’re going to have a few glitches but it’s frustrating to see people being told by Delta reps that’s it’s not available on a certain leg or it’s only for D1 when clearly that’s not true.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I’m flying MSP-TPA and TPA-MSP this weekend. Got the regular preselection email 3 days out for both legs as usual.
what flight?!
we are on dinner flight and both phone and Twitter said no.

Last edited by curl; Mar 1, 2019 at 11:38 am
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by curl

what flight?!
2096 tomorrow morning. There were 2 breakfast options to choose from. I’m coming back on the dinner flight Sunday night and had 2 options there too.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:47 am

2096 tomorrow morning. There were 2 breakfast options to choose from. I’m coming back on the dinner flight Sunday night and had 2 options there too.
I’m going to try again. We have outbound dinner flight and return breakfast flight this weekend. Not in window for return yet.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Definitely going to still consider FEBO when selecting a seat since this still seems to be a bit buggy.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:10 pm

I’m going to try again. We have outbound dinner flight and return breakfast flight this weekend. Not in window for return yet.
It may or may not be helpful but feel free to tweet them this to show that it is in fact available on MSP-TPA flights if they keep insisting it isn’t.

Last edited by mspdoc; Mar 1, 2019 at 12:16 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Well more issues with preselect. I verified with another twitter agent that they had my preselect and got the D1 only spell again. I copied the DL press link into the message and then was told that it only works if you get an e-mail and it’s on “select routes only.” Oh well, I give up arguing about this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Well more issues with preselect. I verified with another twitter agent that they had my preselect and got the D1 only spell again. I copied the DL press link into the message and then was told that it only works if you get an e-mail and it’s on “select routes only.” Oh well, I give up arguing about this.

This kind of misinformation is a widespread problem at DL. When it comes to things that are less commonly used (like upgrading on VS with Sky Miles) I have more patience, but when it involves a system wide product enhancement like this it really bothers me. They seem to have no problem getting the word out to all of their agents when they are taking away or reducing the value of a benefit.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:19 am

It may or may not be helpful but feel free to tweet them this to show that it is in fact available on MSP-TPA flights if they keep insisting it isn’t.

thank you! I did share this with them. I ordered my 6 year old (who refuses all meat except for the charcuterie plate) the special vegetarian meal yesterday just in case. If you are going to tout a benefit, make it a real benefit that agents are aware of.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
No pre-order email for my lunch flight between Minneapolis and New York–J.F.K. on Monday. I guess I'll have to tweet or call into Delta.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:11 am

thank you! I did share this with them. I ordered my 6 year old (who refuses all meat except for the charcuterie plate) the special vegetarian meal yesterday just in case. If you are going to tout a benefit, make it a real benefit that agents are aware of.
Exactly. It’s a great service when it works and I’m so glad they offer it. Not traveling with the family this time but our kids are picky too and I love being able to plan ahead when they are with us. We’re not even a month into a big expansion of a service that I’m sure is tricky to coordinate. I totally understand that glitches will happen as they work the bugs out. It will get better. But there is no excuse for agents who not only are unable to help, but are misinformed themselves and giving out completely wrong information.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
This whole domestic pre-select rollout is reminding me of the AA MCE rollout fiasco in the recent past where all the FA's didn't realize that MCE travelers were supposed to now get free alcoholic beverages.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Ive flown 10+ D1 or FC legs in the last 6 months and have never gotten ONE email or notification to choose. What am I doing wrong??
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Ive flown 10+ D1 or FC legs in the last 6 months and have never gotten ONE email or notification to choose. What am I doing wrong??
Chances are you’re doing nothing wrong. Preselect for domestic FC started the first week in February, so anything before that you wouldn’t have gotten an email. You should have gotten it for D1, certainly within the past 6 months. Are you getting all your other Delta notifications? Purchase confirmations, any applicable itinerary changes, etc? There’s always a chance they’re going to a junk folder. My brother traveled with me this weekend and I learned today he got an email for the trip out but not the trip back. I got both. It truly seems like there’s no rhyme or reason to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.