Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Looks like pre-order for D1 has been extended to all worldwide markets including for flights originating outside the US.

https://news.delta.com/popular-pre-s...omers-globally

Can confirm I just received a pre-order email for my upcoming ZRH-JFK flight this weekend...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

Can confirm I just received a pre-order email for my upcoming ZRH-JFK flight this weekend...
Are you on DL407 Dec 9th? Haven't received any email for pre-order
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: DL GM
Looks like pre-order for D1 has been extended to all worldwide markets including for flights originating outside the US.

I got an email to preselect a meal on D1 JFK-ZRH back on November 6. The email came three days before the flight and said:
We want you to have the best experience on board, so we’re launching a new program on select flights for valued Delta One customers that allows you to select your entrée before your upcoming flight.

We invite you to view the menu and select your meal up to 24 hours before departure.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by island82
Are you on DL407 Dec 9th? Haven't received any email for pre-order
I am on the same flight one day earlier; believe the email comes 3 days before so you should get it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by yaychemist
I got an email to preselect a meal on D1 JFK-ZRH back on November 6.

The service has been available for flights originating from the US for a while now, but until now has largely not been available for flights back to the US.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

Delta seems to have quietly dropped its plan to have it on all domestic first-class flights instead making it only available on domestic Delta One business-class flights.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Delta seems to have quietly dropped its plan to have it on all domestic first-class flights instead making it only available on domestic Delta One business-class flights.
Delta is still expanding their pre-select meal program. Maybe not as fast as we wish but progress is being made. Fingers crossed..
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Received the email last night for my JFK-BRU flight on Saturday. Options are:

Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ShopAround
Received the email last night for my JFK-BRU flight on Saturday. Options are:

Same selection for JFK-LHR the following day. What’s the play here?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
UPDATE from the investors day yesterday:

Now talking about onboard product, Delta will offer pre-departure meal ordering to all domestic first class passengers by the end of 1Q19. $DAL #PaxEx

Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Renes Points
UPDATE from the investors day yesterday:

Now talking about onboard product, Delta will offer pre-departure meal ordering to all domestic first class passengers by the end of 1Q19. $DAL #PaxEx

https://twitter.com/e_russell/status...50292202917889

https://twitter.com/e_russell/status...50292202917889
Wait. A meal regardless of flight distance?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Delta will offer pre-departure meal ordering to all domestic first class passengers by the end of 1Q19.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Wait. A meal regardless of flight distance?
I'm pretty sure that if written more carefully in anticipation of word-for-word parsing vs. within the constraints of Twitter, it would have said "pre-departure meal ordering on all domestic flights where a meal is offered" but perhaps my thinking just isn't as wishful

Last edited by Zorak; Dec 14, 2018 at 9:46 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm pretty sure that if written more carefully in anticipation of word-for-word parsing vs. within the constraints of Twitter, it would have said "pre-departure meal ordering on all domestic flights where a meal is offered" but perhaps my thinking just isn't as wishful.
I hope your wrong.. On my back and forth PNS-ATL give me a steak!! Back in the real world I really hope this pans out on meal flights.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
JFK to FCO options were:

Striped Bass
Braised Short Ribs
Vegetarian Ravioli
Grilled Chicken Parmesan

I really just wish they would provide allergen information...
I have the same options for ATL LHR
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm pretty sure that if written more carefully in anticipation of word-for-word parsing vs. within the constraints of Twitter, it would have said "pre-departure meal ordering on all domestic flights where a meal is offered" but perhaps my thinking just isn't as wishful
KLM manages to do it. Why couldn't Delta, especially if it involved pre-selecting the meal like they're doing on international flights? Yes, it may be a cold box with a sandwich but that's better than a candy bar from the snack basket.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by smithaw5

Same selection for JFK-LHR the following day. What’s the play here?
It’s the Union Square menu out of JFK for all flights to LHR, DUB, AMS, BRU, FRA, ZRH and CDG. For flights from JFK to FCO, MXP, MAD and BCN, it will be the regular menu such as from BOS or MSP or DTW or stations where they don’t have an arrangement with a local “celebrity chef”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.