Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Sadly, a PB&J sandwich would be an improvement over many domestic First meals.
What happens on the no-peanuts-we-have-an-allergy flights?

"Our meal selection today includes PB&J sandwiches.. but no PB."
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
It would be nice if photos of the meal choices were provided... and a 0 to 5 star rating system for feedback.

I recently finished a TPAC RT itinerary involving 8 different D1 meals. Given the opportunity, I might select 2 of the 8 for a second try.

One that I would not select again was a "Spanish Omelette" where they had somehow formed a mass of scrambled egg-like substance into the shape of a miniature hotdog bun and filled it with some sort of vegetable-derived substance. With croissants that were so dried out that they were crispy like biscuits.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would look tacky for DL to serve obviously different quality meals in FC/D1 depending on how the passenger got into the premium cabin. Currently DL doesn't even do this to nonrevs. In fact, I basically like the idea of FAs not knowing who paid for a premium cabin ticket and who was upgraded (and on what basis).
MSP........it's a joke.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Do the manifests currently indicate who was paid F and who was upgraded? Or merely the name and FF status?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Do the manifests currently indicate who was paid F and who was upgraded? Or merely the name and FF status?
Manifest shows no difference between paid F or upgrade. I believe it does show NRSA though.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Will this be sort of like the onboard chef system EY uses? I do like this idea. It would be great to see the upgraded elites spring into action at 10,000ft and start preparing something palatable. Perhaps with all the extra hands they could add meals to flights in the 400-900 mile window..
On more than one daytime long haul flight, I have literally sat there wishing that I could do the beverage service instead of the FA. Sick of sitting and wanting something to do. It's like when you've been sitting too long at a dinner party and you actually want to volunteer to clear the table.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
On more than one daytime long haul flight, I have literally sat there wishing that I could do the beverage service instead of the FA. Sick of sitting and wanting something to do. It's like when you've been sitting too long at a dinner party and you actually want to volunteer to clear the table.
I feel the same way every time I wait for a PDB which never actually arrives on AA.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Manifest shows no difference between paid F or upgrade. I believe it does show NRSA though.
This is my understanding too: NRSAs are indicated, but FAs don't know who was upgraded versus who purchased a premium cabin ticket. The do see FF status and MM status.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Thanks, TrojanTraveler and MSPeconomist; all of the talk about differentiations in service got me thinking about what the FAs actually see on the manifests. Then I recalled, from way back when on a transpac flight with UA wondering in the galley and noticing that the manifests had $$$ signs next to the various FF statuses. I remember thinking that the $ signs were hilarious. I guess they were generated by Fastair or Apollo or whatever system they were using. Perhaps it was an omen of things to come
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As I've mentioned before, service should be uniform regardless of how much you paid for the ticket, or what instrument (or lack thereof) you used to sit there.
I don't want to be sitting next to someone who gets ignored and treated poorly because they got an op-up.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by rylan
As I've mentioned before, service should be uniform regardless of how much you paid for the ticket, or what instrument (or lack thereof) you used to sit there.
I don't want to be sitting next to someone who gets ignored and treated poorly because they got an op-up.
I agree to a point except when it comes down to the guy that paid 6k for D1 vs the op up. The guy who paid should get first choice.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I agree to a point except when it comes down to the guy that paid 6k for D1 vs the op up. The guy who paid should get first choice.
And how are the FAs going to know how much the pax paid for the ticket? A discounted Z fare can cost several thousand less than a pax who paid B or Y and got an op-up.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So what's the timeline for this?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
So what's the timeline for this?
Sometime before or by Q416
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by rylan
And how are the FAs going to know how much the pax paid for the ticket? A discounted Z fare can cost several thousand less than a pax who paid B or Y and got an op-up.
The pax who bought F or D1 gets to choose before the op-up or medallion upgrade. Amount paid is irrelevant.

RUC/GUC/miles upgrades are considered paid seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.