Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Menu received tonight for upcoming DL1555 ATL-ANC on JUL 08. I chose the halibut as my last few DL steaks have been dry, and I have dinner plans at a steakhouse the next evening.

GARLIC AND HERB CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
served with roasted potato wedges and seasoned broccoli

THAI POACHED HALIBUT
over green tea soba noodles with leeks in a ginger and spinach broth
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I also got my pre-select email last night at T-70 with the same two options. How's the pasta? I chose it based on your post about the chicken being dry but can still change it.
My apologies for not seeing your post sooner. I’m sure your flight has already occurred, but I highly enjoyed my pasta. It had a great mushroom flavor without being too overpowering. My neighbor had the chicken and while it smelled great, it appeared dry as I had experienced before. I was disappointed I did not receive any extra Parmesan cheese on the side as my previous flights.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I flew SLC-AMS on Jul/4. I had the halibut, it was dried out as the preparation wasn't in a thai/curry type sauce which probably would have "saved" it, but, it tasted like... airplane food. I don't eat beef, didn't want chicken or pasta, so... in the end it's all airplane food (I brought a lot of grapes and watermelon so I was very happy).
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:02 pm

Received a July 9 email selection for a July 12 flight DFW-DTW newest flagship A220, once on board only snack service. No meals.

Crew was so late I almost wonder if they missed catering and didn't know they were loaded with food.

Tremendously disappointing as I was craving an over-seasoned chicken sandwich.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:27 pm

What time was the flight?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by AZwldcats
Go to https://twitter.com/delta and click message.
Thanks for this.

I'm another Twitter recluse (ditto FB). I'm a self-declared dinosaur.

We have our first premium Delta flight next week (BOS-EDI), and wondered about meals. We understand we should be expecting an email from them, but it would be nice to be pro-active, so I'll give this a try.

Many thanks for the hand-holding level instructions!

GC
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Received a July 9 email selection for a July 12 flight DFW-DTW newest flagship A220, once on board only snack service. No meals.

Crew was so late I almost wonder if they missed catering and didn't know they were loaded with food.

Tremendously disappointing as I was craving an over-seasoned chicken sandwich.
DL1563 doesnt get meal service. All other DFW-DTW flights do. Is there a reason you didn't ask for your meal? DFW-DTW is just over the 900 mile mark to get meals except during the 1400-1600 exception time period.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL1563 doesnt get meal service. All other DFW-DTW flights do. Is there a reason you didn't ask for your meal? DFW-DTW is just over the 900 mile mark to get meals except during the 1400-1600 exception time period.
Yeah, the FA crew were not professional at all. Feared that if I asked for the meals they'd retaliate if they did in fact have them but originally chose not to serve.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:49 pm

No email?

We leave in about 48 hours MSP-LHR, but none in my party has received the pre-selection email. Is that odd or are we not in the right market? Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by tulips*n*truffles
We leave in about 48 hours MSP-LHR, but none in my party has received the pre-selection email. Is that odd or are we not in the right market? Thanks!
Flying Delta One?

Hit up twitter and ask them for your choices.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by AZwldcats
Flying Delta One?

Hit up twitter and ask them for your choices.
Indeed we are...its Delta One going and Virgin Atlantic on the flight home in a couple weeks. I wasn’t sure if I could confirm for my whole party on Twitter? Will make that my next step! Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:48 am

It will probably be easier to do it over the phone if you have a bunch of people.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Thanks for this.

I'm another Twitter recluse (ditto FB). I'm a self-declared dinosaur.

We have our first premium Delta flight next week (BOS-EDI), and wondered about meals. We understand we should be expecting an email from them, but it would be nice to be pro-active, so I'll give this a try.

Many thanks for the hand-holding level instructions!

GC
Wow - their Twitter reply was within a minute!
Thanks so much for the help.

Also, FYI, a few hours ago, the "menu choice" email arrived. But DH needs GF (gluten free), so we handled that with Twitter.
Now... if the food quality is as good....

We haven't been on Delta since... I can't even remember... so this will be interesting.

Thanks again!

GF
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Wow - their Twitter reply was within a minute!
Thanks so much for the help.

Also, FYI, a few hours ago, the "menu choice" email arrived. But DH needs GF (gluten free), so we handled that with Twitter.
Now... if the food quality is as good....

We haven't been on Delta since... I can't even remember... so this will be interesting.

Thanks again!

GF
You should be able to select a gluten free meal by accessing your reservation via delta.com.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by dcadwell
You should be able to select a gluten free meal by accessing your reservation via delta.com.
Thanks.
Next time, we'll look more carefully.
We are all set now, including for the return.

Cheers!

GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.