Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot

Just following up on my previous post as a data-point to others. I sent DL a Twitter DM this morning explaining I was receiving an error when I tried to preselect my meal on an upcoming flight in Domestic F. They promptly said they could assist and asked which meal. I chose the Milanese Chicken (over a Mushroom Pasta). I provided my flight info and it is supposedly confirmed in my reservation. We shall see on Monday.
Happy to report that on today's flight my pre-selected meal choice via Twitter did successfully go through. The FA promptly confirmed shortly after departure that I had pre-selected a meal and if it was still the choice I wanted. They obviously still have some IT glitches to work out (seems like for upgrades at the window) but their link to Twitter and reservations seems to work well.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does anyone know what time exactly the pre-select email is sent out? Is it typically sent out at exactly T-72 or is there sometimes a few hour delay? I’m flying JFK-MCO on Saturday at 7:29pm and I haven’t received a pre select email yet.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:10 pm

I just called DL and was told that pre select is only available for D1 flights and when the agent went to try and pre select a meal, only the special meal choices came up.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:08 pm

This was my “pre-select” options the twitter agent gave me for my JFK-MCO dinner flight.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I finally received an email to preselect my meal. It was the same two choices (hamburger sliders and chicken-faro salad) that I had flying out and for the last 2 months. There is one flight a day CVG-DEN and back. They can't change the meal up east-west vs. west-east? Guess that isn't this thread, but still, I was all excited when I got the email.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I didn't receive an email to pre-select a meal for first between ATL and SFO. No biggie. I was just looking forward to finally being able to pick out my meal ahead of time.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

This was my “pre-select” options the twitter agent gave me for my JFK-MCO dinner flight.
I have never seen this many options before. I'd love to order a seafood entree on every single flight with a meal.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I recall a coworker from more than 25 years ago who would routinely order the seafood special meal - confident it would be fresh.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I didn't receive an email to pre-select a meal for first between ATL and SFO. No biggie. I was just looking forward to finally being able to pick out my meal ahead of time.
Contact DL on Twitter. They seem to have the best info as both phone agents were clueless and insisted that’s its for D1 only.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just tweeted them. Called this morning but agent said could not do it.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I recall a coworker from more than 25 years ago who would routinely order the seafood special meal - confident it would be fresh.
As long as the pilots don't eat the fish...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I just called DL and was told that pre select is only available for D1 flights and when the agent went to try and pre select a meal, only the special meal choices came up.
ATL-SJC and SLC-RDU recently (last week) featured meal selection and they're hardly D1.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Tweeted DL - said preselection not available MSP-TPA 🤷🏼.♀️
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:41 am

Glad to see this thread. I still fly coach on Delta quite a bit, so I don't care about getting my choice of meals in a premium class so much as I care about getting a substantial meal at all. (Although in Business Class I've occasionally been beset by the fear of getting an all-carb, all-sugar breakfast because the eggs were gone.) I pre-order sandwiches on other airlines to avoid worrying about having time for takeout at a transfer airport. So hopefully Delta is setting up a business process and technology to eventually allow ordering of that chicken croissant sandwich on long-haul domestic flights. I periodically make this request to Delta customer service.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by curl
Tweeted DL - said preselection not available MSP-TPA 🤷🏼.♀️
I’m flying MSP-TPA and TPA-MSP this weekend. Got the regular preselection email 3 days out for both legs as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.