Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:41 am

I have an upcoming D1 from DTW to ICN and return NRT-DTW . I selected the Korean Meal from the special meals option weeks ago and the Japanese Meal for the return . I am hopeful that , since these meals were from the special meals not the pre-order , that they will be properly noted and onboard. Will be interesting to see if I get a pre-order email .
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
I have an upcoming D1 from DTW to ICN and return NRT-DTW . I selected the Korean Meal from the special meals option weeks ago and the Japanese Meal for the return . I am hopeful that , since these meals were from the special meals not the pre-order , that they will be properly noted and onboard. Will be interesting to see if I get a pre-order email .
Please report back.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
I leave GVA on Saturday and that means AMS-MSP then on to OKC. Since they cannot even give us EBPs when a segment is on KLM then surely they are not able to coordinate a pre-selected meal EU-USA.

I got the notice to select my meal on Sunday for a flight that left on Wednesday.
You can use either KLM or AF app to checkin and get EBP for the AF/KLM flight. Once checked in by AF/KLM you should be able to see BP for any further flights on DL in the DL app.

I keep the AF app on my phone for this reason. Plus the AF app will allow you to un-checkin in case you need to call DL and have them make a change. No need to wait for them to contact AF/KLM and wait for them to get someone there to do it. Even if flight is KLM operated the AF app will work. They're just different color/layouts. However they connect to same backend. You can pull up your flight using the DL PNR, no need to get the AF/KLM one.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I've noticed that I can't get EBPs when I have a partner segment that's not a codeshare on a DL-ticketed itinerary.

Example: DCA-ATL-AMS-NWI, with the AMS-NWI on KLM, with a KLM flight number.

I've done this trip three times in the last two years, and have never been able to get EBPs when departing the US.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You can use either KLM or AF app to checkin and get EBP for the AF/KLM flight. Once checked in by AF/KLM you should be able to see BP for any further flights on DL in the DL app.

I keep the AF app on my phone for this reason. Plus the AF app will allow you to un-checkin in case you need to call DL and have them make a change. No need to wait for them to contact AF/KLM and wait for them to get someone there to do it. Even if flight is KLM operated the AF app will work. They're just different color/layouts. However they connect to same backend. You can pull up your flight using the DL PNR, no need to get the AF/KLM one.
Thanks. It has been a while since I have had this combination so now I must call DL and get my KLM reservation code unless the DL code would work.
Edited to say I was able to login with DL code on the KLM app so hope to get an EBP which perhaps will go to my iPhone wallet and Apple Watch as well. But I did notice that KLM has a domestic FC listed as DL PS.

Last edited by Xeno; Jun 18, 2018 at 9:35 am
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It's been my impression for months that flight leaders on domestic flights and pursers on international flights were supposed to be using the phones, but many are still used printed manifests. Many of those using manifests seem to be older while those using phones seem to be younger. Just my observations.
This purser was bald but very energetic and seemed to enjoy his job. Very pleasant change in approach that was appreciated.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:59 am

This purser was bald but very energetic and seemed to enjoy his job. Very pleasant change in approach that was appreciated.
What's that got to do with anything
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice

I wonder if, once pre-order is fully implemented, if they will transition these types of meals, which are not really "special meals" to the pre-order platform only? Right now, on a flight that offers pre-order, you would be able to order it using either platform right?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by The Situation
What's that got to do with anything
It helps when you read the post to which I responded where it was stated that younger crews were more adept to technology. My response was a counter-point.

But thanks for playing alone.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
It helps when you read the post to which I responded where it was stated that younger crews were more adept to technology. My response was a counter-point.

But thanks for playing alone.
I started losing my hair when I was 20. Does that mean I was old?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can confirm that the pre-order email is sent three days before the flight (more than 72 hours) very early in the morning, before the start of the business day in ATL time zone.

These are my TATL choices:

Lemon caramelle pasta

Grilled lemon chicken

Potato crusted halibut

Grilled beef tenderloin
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO

I tried to check in using KLM app and it never would work. I went to DL app and it sent me to KLM web and finally I got through. However, I never got an EBP for the KLM GVA-AMS tomorrow.

I went back to KLM app and it said I was checked in, no EBP available. I got a PDF by email that is supposed to be printed and exchanged for an ordinary BP.

Would the AF app make a difference? Do you simply see this as an anamoly? This is paid D1 ticket GVA-AMS-MSP-OKC.

Edited to say I tried the AF app and still no EBP for even the KLM segment.

Last edited by Xeno; Jun 22, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
What about pre-selection on domestic? DL is better than AA at almost everything, but AA did manage to add this feature years ago...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
What about pre-selection on domestic? DL is better than AA at almost everything, but AA did manage to add this feature years ago...
It is supposedly coming by the end of the year to domestic FC and PS.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

It is supposedly coming by the end of the year to domestic FC and PS.

And we were supposed to get an online mileage upgrade function by 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.