Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by WesTraveller
On my D1 flight tomorrow, I selected the Halibut. Has anyone had it yet? I guess it would be too late to change, but just curious if anyone has had it.
Looks like I saw this about a week too late to be relevant for you, but for others, I had the halibut and it is the best option on that menu, which doesn't say much. It was good, not great. Definitely avoid the beef untenderloin - reviews here and from people I know have consistently said it was extremely overcooked and terrible. Big decline in quality in the last year.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Two D1 flights last week. Got the email to pre-select the meal on both.
First was the dinner flight DCA-LAX. FA told me they had five pre orders, although I didn’t hear her deny anyone their choice when they ordered on board. Return flight LAX-DCA I pre-ordered, but the FA let me change on board. She said my original choice wasn’t as good as they made it sounded on the menu and offered to let me change. It helped that it was the same awesome FA from my outbound flight earlier in the week.

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by The Situation
Looks like I saw this about a week too late to be relevant for you, but for others, I had the halibut and it is the best option on that menu, which doesn't say much. It was good, not great. Definitely avoid the beef untenderloin - reviews here and from people I know have consistently said it was extremely overcooked and terrible. Big decline in quality in the last year.
they always cook the beef un-tenderloin to the consistency of a hockey puck. I like my steaks rare and consider it an abomination.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:42 pm
Original Member

So when should we expect the email to select the meal? I have a D1 flight on 9/21 and it was booked about 2 weeks ago. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
So when should we expect the email to select the meal? I have a D1 flight on 9/21 and it was booked about 2 weeks ago. Thanks.
You should get the email about 2-3 days out from the flight and you have up until 24 hours from your flight to make your selection.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DTW-PEK October Selections

BALSAMIC CIPOLLINI GLAZED BEEF TENDERLOIN
with sautéed spinach and parmesan chive mashed potatoes
PAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH LEMON CAPER PICATTA SAUCE
served with haricots verts and fresh ricotta tortelonne
CHINESE SELECTION
Oven Baked Cod Filet with Honey
served with seasonal vegetables and steamed rice with black sesame seeds
BLACK TRUFFLE RAVIOLI GRATIN*
with creamy parmesan sauce, truffle bread crumb crust and fresh herb cherry tomatoes *vegetarian selection
CRAB CAKES AND AUTUMN CITRUS SALAD
with asparagus and lemon butter sauce

Selected the crab cakes. They were great. Big chunks of crab. None of the crab flakes you'd expect, just lump crab. Perfectly cooked.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:51 pm

Just got my email for ATL - DUB D1 on Monday

BALSAMIC CIPOLLINI GLAZED BEEF TENDERLOIN
with sautéed spinach and parmesan chive mashed potatoes
BLACK TRUFFLE RAVIOLI GRATIN*
with creamy parmesan sauce, truffle bread crumb crust and fresh herb cherry tomatoes *vegetarian selection

CRAB CAKES AND AUTUMN CITRUS SALAD
with asparagus and lemon butter sauce

PAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH LEMON CAPER PICATTA SAUCE
served with haricots verts and fresh ricotta tortelonne
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:36 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
FYI, for LAX originating flights:
https://www.fodors.com/news/restaura...king-it-better

I'll post my options for the upcoming LAX-AMS flight when I can.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Perhaps someone posted this upstream, but I was just able to select my meal for my Wednesday ICN-ATL flight. Very happy to have this option and just hope the purser has these records.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:16 am

Options for D1 JFK-ZRH for 9/11/18
BRAISED SHORT RIB
potato purée, roasted root vegetables, balsamic onions
THREE CHEESE CANNELLONI*
sautéed spinach, mushroom ragout, black pepper-parmesan béchamel *vegetarian selection
SLOW ROASTED STRIPED BASS
butternut squash, fingerling potatoes, rock shrimp
GRILLED CHICKEN PARMESAN
orzo, broccolini, gotham greens pesto
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Options for D1 ATL-DUS for 9/18
BRAISED SHORT RIB -
with horseradish potato purée, roasted rosemary carrots, salsa verde, and red wine sauce

AUTUMN VEGETABLE RAVIOLI*
with San Marzano tomatoes, lemon herb W&W ricotta topped with kale pesto
*vegetarian selection

SHRIMP AND GRITS
white grits served with she-crab cream, holy trinity and topped with Tennessee bacon jam

SKILLET ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST
with creamed spinach, French beans with tomato vinaigrette, and olive lemon gremolata

Last edited by mbowden19; Sep 15, 2018 at 6:22 pm Reason: mistyped airport codes
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
Perhaps someone posted this upstream, but I was just able to select my meal for my Wednesday ICN-ATL flight. Very happy to have this option and just hope the purser has these records.
I got my pre-ordered meal for ICN-ATL on the 359 with no complications.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:32 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by mbowden19
Options for D1 ALT-DUC for 9/18[h5]
Typo? ATL-DUS perhaps?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by pvn
Typo? ATL-DUS perhaps?
Yes, and corrected. d'oh!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:40 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
FYI, for LAX originating flights:
https://www.fodors.com/news/restaura...king-it-better

I'll post my options for the upcoming LAX-AMS flight when I can.
MARINARA BRAISED MEATBALLS* with Bianco DiNapoli tomato, garlic bread, Gioia ricotta
*contains pork
FINLEY FARMS SPINACH AND RICOTTA BAKED RIGATONI*
*vegetarian selection
SALMON with borlotti beans, Coastal Farms fennel, lemon and thyme vinaigrette
CHICKEN MARSALA with roasted garlic potato puree and braised Coleman Family Farms kale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.