Wiki Posts
Search

How late can you change seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold
How late can you change seats?

Hi, I'm a frequent UA traveler, but just getting into DL. If I'm checked into my flight, can I still change my seat before flight departure using the app? Is there any cutoff where I can't do it myself and have to talk to an agent? Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xman712
Hi, I'm a frequent UA traveler, but just getting into DL. If I'm checked into my flight, can I still change my seat before flight departure? Is there any cutoff where I can't do it myself and have to talk to an agent? Thanks!
You can usually change seats from the app up to a few minutes before the start of boarding.

It all depends on when the GA takes full control of the seat map. I've been able to change seats before once boarding has started, and have also been locked out as early as 10 minutes before the start of boarding. It really just depends.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why ask the same question in two different posts? You've double-posted in AA.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The DL forum is a good place to ask how late one can change a DL seat assignment.

On the (Android, anyway) app, up until boarding, is the answer.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
He asked about AA in the AA forum and DL in the DL forum. Seems to make sense to me. Different airlines = Different policies? Maybe, maybe not, but best not to assume Different airlines = Same policies.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did post in both forums, but because my question was for both audiences (DL and AA fliers). Presumably they have different policies.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:15 am

Unless you're in Europe and KL/AF is handling the operations. Then you it may end up in gate control a day or two before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.