Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
Booking Domestic Delta awards

If I book an award (main cabin) for JFK/SEA Depart Jun5 and Return Jun11. And wanted to refund and book a new itinerary later would that cost me any miles/$ ? I know on American if I wanted to rebook I could refund that itinerary and book another with no charge or miles loss as EP. Does this work from Plat on Delta or only Diamonds? Thank you!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:52 am

Newbie here... Just booked a trip (July 2019) with the Delta Companion Cert. Considering canceling the card (Delta Platinum Business). I don't think it will jeopardize the tickets but would like confirmation. Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by 247traveler
Newbie here... Just booked a trip (July 2019) with the Delta Companion Cert. Considering canceling the card (Delta Platinum Business). I don't think it will jeopardize the tickets but would like confirmation. Thanks!
Thats correct.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by krakendown
If I book an award (main cabin) for JFK/SEA Depart Jun5 and Return Jun11. And wanted to refund and book a new itinerary later would that cost me any miles/$ ? I know on American if I wanted to rebook I could refund that itinerary and book another with no charge or miles loss as EP. Does this work from Plat on Delta or only Diamonds? Thank you!
Yes. PM and DM get free redeposit.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. PM and DM get free redeposit.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by iflyalexair

Thats correct.
+1
Once you've paid the annual fee and gotten the companion cert, Amex does not "claw back" the cert. Amex retention may try to imply they will claw back the cert, but best evidence here on FT is they actually don't - you earned the cert because you paid the annual fee - you held up your end of the bargain.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
AMEX Companion Certificate

My AMEX Companion Certificate disappeared from my Delta.com wallet. Can any one suggest an address for me to write to Delta to see if it may be restored?

I was checking the certificate to determine which fares it was good for. I then inadvertently checks the box to use the certificate before closing the web page. I did not attempt to book any travel.

I'd like to see if the certificate can be restored. Thank you
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by bescobar
My AMEX Companion Certificate disappeared from my Delta.com wallet. Can any one suggest an address for me to write to Delta to see if it may be restored?

I was checking the certificate to determine which fares it was good for. I then inadvertently checks the box to use the certificate before closing the web page. I did not attempt to book any travel.

I'd like to see if the certificate can be restored. Thank you
You can't delete a cert from your wallet. Even if you use it, it is still displayed (as closed/used). Try a different web browser, or on the current web browser, delete the cookies/cache, or try logging on to DL.com in your web broser's "incognito" mode. Or, try again tomorrow - with DL IT, you just never know.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Question for the people here: is it possible to redeem SkyMiles on MF (XiamenAir)?

I was curious about this since MF had attractive fares to China for the Fourth of July, but when I called DL to see if there was any MF award inventory (in this case for LAX-XMN-SHA v/v), there was no inventory available. I also checked online beforehand, and all I got were flights on DL, MU and CZ. The agent I talked to believes MF released no seats for mileage redemption on DL.

While I ended up paying cash for the ticket instead (and that's despite very poor earning potential with MF), I was wondering if this is unusual.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Akiestar
Question for the people here: is it possible to redeem SkyMiles on MF (XiamenAir)?

I was curious about this since MF had attractive fares to China for the Fourth of July, but when I called DL to see if there was any MF award inventory (in this case for LAX-XMN-SHA v/v), there was no inventory available. I also checked online beforehand, and all I got were flights on DL, MU and CZ. The agent I talked to believes MF released no seats for mileage redemption on DL.

While I ended up paying cash for the ticket instead (and that's despite very poor earning potential with MF), I was wondering if this is unusual.
No, not unusual. I've never once found award space on MF that was bookable. It's all phantom inventory.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
No, not unusual. I've never once found award space on MF that was bookable. It's all phantom inventory.
I'm surprised since it looks like as recently as 1.5 years ago, MF flights were redeemable with SkyMiles. I wonder what changed.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Akiestar
I'm surprised since it looks like as recently as 1.5 years ago, MF flights were redeemable with SkyMiles. I wonder what changed.
I've seen plenty of MF flights available, just 15,000 miles for a $63 flight doesn't make sense, so I've always just booked it direct with MF using cash, vs. using SM at $0.002 per mile value (15,000 miles + $40 or so or $63 in cash? the choice is clear). Can't speak to phantom inventory, though.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I'm looking at a one way award ticket DTW-LHR this summer. Going thru JFK on VS operated over the water, premium economy is 55K and upper class is 86K. These are early evening flights so I probably won't sleep, and I tend to be stingy when using miles. So which would be considered the better deal?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I'm looking at a one way award ticket DTW-LHR this summer. Going thru JFK on VS operated over the water, premium economy is 55K and upper class is 86K. These are early evening flights so I probably won't sleep, and I tend to be stingy when using miles. So which would be considered the better deal?
VS Premium is an excellent product, so long as you're not stuck in the one middle seat per row. Especially if you know you won't be sleeping much, I'd save the miles and book Premium.

Usually with a melatonin tab and glass of wine at dinner before the flight, I can skip meal service and get in 6 solid hours of sleep on JFK-LHR in Premium. This is actually better than in J since I can recline and doze off right after takeoff and stay that way until just before landing. Versus UC where you have to wait until altitude to do the flip-over bed and then have to wake up and turn it back into a seat at the start of initial descent.

There have been a couple times when in a window seat in the last row of premium where the FA didn't even wake me or make me straighten up the seat at all - I woke up literally upon landing.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Thanks. I really appreciate your input!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.