Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by knit-in
Called again this morning, and the long and short of it is that some agents are just shoddy but some are simply great! There was still availability on EF, and while she couldn't see SYD-CAN-DEL, she decided to check segment by segment and in less than five minutes was able to price out the reward, had it confirmed, and I was done. Just like that.
The DL reservations system is generally unable to book flights end to destination, as it is unable to calculate/find the most logical routes in many cases. It has to be done segment by segment, but then, of course, it doesn't price out and has to have the pricing fixed.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by RealHJ
The DL reservations system is generally unable to book flights end to destination, as it is unable to calculate/find the most logical routes in many cases. It has to be done segment by segment, but then, of course, it doesn't price out and has to have the pricing fixed.
Lucky for me, I found a truly competent rep, who was able to take care of the whole thing within minutes. SYD-CAN-DEL priced at 80k miles and $132 in business.

I was bracing for a time consuming battle, but it worked out fairly hassle free (aside from the misinformation I was fed last night).

A shout out to the twitter team as well, who were quite prompt with their responses.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Lucky for me, I found a truly competent rep, who was able to take care of the whole thing within minutes. SYD-CAN-DEL priced at 80k miles and $132 in business.

I was bracing for a time consuming battle, but it worked out fairly hassle free (aside from the misinformation I was fed last night).

A shout out to the twitter team as well, who were quite prompt with their responses.
Glad to hear that! It was indeed your lucky day.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold

What is CZ's inventory class for J award to monitor on ExpertFlyer?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by FSUnole03

What is CZ's inventory class for J award to monitor on ExpertFlyer?
You need to look for (O) for J and (X) for Economy. You can search for Awards and Upgrades which will show you the inventory, without your having to look for a specific fare class. It comes with Premium membership though.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
You need to look for (O) for J and (X) for Economy. You can search for Awards and Upgrades which will show you the inventory, without your having to look for a specific fare class. It comes with Premium membership though.
thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
First time I've ever had issues trying to use my cert. Trying to book STL>SRQ in December. All flights empty but no availability in the restricted fares. Will calling in help?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got an upcoming situation where I'd like to use a companion cert for a trip for myself and my wife. Problem is, I might have to cancel out at the last minute.

I'm sure that on the outbound leg, this wouldn't be a problem. She'd just board and be done.

But I'm wondering how the return would work. My ticket would get canceled if I'm a no-show on the outbound leg. Are they linked to the extent that her return would be canceled also?

I realize I can flip it and I can be the companion, but I want the extra RDMs (I'm D and she's G) and I want the MQMs also.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by josephstern
I've got an upcoming situation where I'd like to use a companion cert for a trip for myself and my wife. Problem is, I might have to cancel out at the last minute.

I'm sure that on the outbound leg, this wouldn't be a problem. She'd just board and be done.

But I'm wondering how the return would work. My ticket would get canceled if I'm a no-show on the outbound leg. Are they linked to the extent that her return would be canceled also?

I realize I can flip it and I can be the companion, but I want the extra RDMs (I'm D and she's G) and I want the MQMs also.
This is a bit risky, IMO. Do you have another trip where you could use the cert?

I've had similar years where most the travel Mrs. Lee and I do ends up being international or awards or tentative like that, and we end up with one of our certs nearing expiration with no plans. In those cases I'll generally find a family member or close friend who can make use of it. The transferability of the cert definitely contributes to its value as I've never had one go completely unused.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - the cert will get used. No problem there. But this is just a good redemption for it.

Has anyone done what I might need to do?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
From the Terms and Conditions:
If the primary ticket or the Companion ticket is cancelled, both tickets will be cancelled and the Companion ticket will not be reissued.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I figured that, but in the real world, does me missing the out-bound equal a cancelation?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I figured that, but in the real world, does me missing the out-bound equal a cancelation?
So long as the outbound is more than 12-24 hours from the return, cancellation of the return reservation is almost certain - the more hours > 12, the more certain. If the return were to be the same day as the outbound, then there might be a chance the return might not get canceled - maybe. IMO
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnbp
So long as the outbound is more than 12-24 hours from the return, cancellation of the return reservation is almost certain - the more hours > 12, the more certain. If the return were to be the same day as the outbound, then there might be a chance the return might not get canceled - maybe. IMO
Right - I get the me missing my outbound cancels my ticket.

But does it cancel hers, under those scenario?

Real question here is not the theoretical interpretation of the terms, but an actual real-world example. Has anyone been in this specific situation?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RealHJ
That is a lot of nonsense and total made up lies, as surely the agent very well knew.

Making up stories and telling outright lies is one thing that Dullta truly excels at, at all levels - the few res agents who do that take their cue from corporate.
+1. Agents lie as they assume pax don’t know better but FTers do. The issue is DL IT and agents that don’t know how to work the system. Sadly years ago CZ used to work flawlessly. The last two years Ive had issues with DL agents booking CZ flights. EF does typically reflect what DL agents can see, but not what they can book.

DL’s IT is horrible when it comes to partner booking, again why I started this thread years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.