Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Nashville BNA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nashville BNA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
San Francisco. You mention AUS. DCA.
According to the points guy, DCA added 1,800 sq ft to make the new club 9,000 sq ft. Same source puts the PHX club at 7,500 sq ft.
How big will the SC be in the new MSY terminal?

Last edited by mot29; Apr 15, 2019 at 6:57 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by njf1003
Are they staying in Terminal B? Is there 10,000 additional sq ft there?
CDG/AMS probs aren't coming until the new international gates in 2023 if ever.
This will most likely come as part of the concourse expansion project.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
If I recall correctly, around 4800 sq ft. for the new MSY club.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by mot29

According to the points guy, DCA added 1,800 sq ft to make the new club 9,000 sq ft.
Seems like most of those feet are the corridor to the bathrooms!
A321neo and esc2476 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Is this club worth going to the airport a bit early for? Or should I just stay in the lobby of the JW Marriott until I need to go to the airport (which seems like it is only 15 minutes away)
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Is this club worth going to the airport a bit early for? Or should I just stay in the lobby of the JW Marriott until I need to go to the airport (which seems like it is only 15 minutes away)
JW for sure. I was just at this club yesterday. Maybe the most depressing skyclub I’ve experienced, and the only one I would describe as “musty.”

Edit to add: keep an eye on Waze or Google Maps for traffic conditions. In light traffic it is 15-20 min, but I’ve found Nashville traffic can be a little unpredictable and a local told me at its worst it can be nearly an hour to the airport. I haven’t experienced that, but I have experienced ~35 min.
Adelphos likes this.

Last edited by acrophobia; Aug 16, 2019 at 11:04 am
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:29 am

Agree with that. Nashville traffic can be surprisingly brutal for a town of its size, especially downtown. And honestly, I've never seen a club that was worth going to the airport early for. The JW is in a great location, take a walk downtown and hit a coffee shop or a bar or whatever.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Agree with that. Nashville traffic can be surprisingly brutal for a town of its size, especially downtown. And honestly, I've never seen a club that was worth going to the airport early for. The JW is in a great location, take a walk downtown and hit a coffee shop or a bar or whatever.
Nashville is rapidly outgrowing its infrastructure. Same thing in several other mid-sized cities with newfound milinneal appeal.
defrosted and Adelphos like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acrophobia
JW for sure. I was just at this club yesterday. Maybe the most depressing skyclub I’ve experienced, and the only one I would describe as “musty.”

Edit to add: keep an eye on Waze or Google Maps for traffic conditions. In light traffic it is 15-20 min, but I’ve found Nashville traffic can be a little unpredictable and a local told me at its worst it can be nearly an hour to the airport. I haven’t experienced that, but I have experienced ~35 min.
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
First the BNA Skyclub isn't that bad, compared to say ATL D.

Secondly, Nashville traffic, especially going EAST from downtown (in the direction of the airport) is terrible right now. Construction on I440 is pushing people to I40. Rush hour level traffic all day. Please take this into consideration when allowing time to get to the airport from downtown.

Direct to the question leave plenty of time to get to the airport and if traffic isn't as bad as it has been, the club is better than sitting at the gate.

And who "takes a walk" in Nashville during the summer? Heat index was triple digits the other day. Musty or not my friends the Skyclub has AC!
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Update on this - spent most of the afternoon / evening at JW (after a late hot chicken lunch). Uber to the airport was about 13 minutes, security took 3 minutes, sitting at the SkyClub now waiting for my delayed flight. Small club, it it seems like they had decent food options (chicken wings, rice, soup), don’t notice an overwhelming musty smell (though it is a bit dark). Employees seem friendly. Nashville is a funny place - in some respects (luxury hotels and room rates, steak dinners, events) it seems like a major metropolis, in other respects (state of the airport, street traffic downtown) it seems like the small town south. Both the airport and the SkyClub merit massive expansion
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Both the airport and the SkyClub merit massive expansion
Indeed, which is now in progress. Airport will be unrecognizable in a year, plus all new Skyclub as well.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Anyone have any details on the expansion? Local press reporting an $18+MM expansion and renovation. Details below via Nashville Post.

BNA’s Delta lounge set for major update

Airport facility lands $18.7M expansion slated for year-end finish

AUTHORS William Williams

Delta Air Lines’ Sky Club private lounge at Nashville International Airport is slated for a major expansion and renovation.

The effort will see an additional 10,500 square feet and upgrades to the existing 3,000 square feet. Delta is not disclosing the cost of the project. However, a permit valued at $18.7 million has been issued to allow the work.

J.E. Dunn Construction is the general contractor.

A Delta spokeswoman said the project is slated to be completed by year’s end, with guests to see additional seating and food/beverage options. The existing Delta Sky Club will remain open during renovations.

BNA’s Delta Sky Club opened in 1986. Delta offers move than 50 sky club locations, in addition to partner and third-party business lounges worldwide.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm not sure that this tells us much more about the changes coming at BNA other than cost and rough schedule:

Source: https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...r-major-update

BNA’s Delta lounge set for major update

Airport facility lands $18.7M expansion slated for year-end finish

AUTHORS William Williams

Delta Air Lines’ Sky Club private lounge at Nashville International Airport is slated for a major expansion and renovation.

The effort will see an additional 10,500 square feet and upgrades to the existing 3,000 square feet. Delta is not disclosing the cost of the project. However, a permit valued at $18.7 million has been issued to allow the work.

J.E. Dunn Construction is the general contractor.

A Delta spokeswoman said the project is slated to be completed by year’s end, with guests to see additional seating and food/beverage options. The existing Delta Sky Club will remain open during renovations.

BNA’s Delta Sky Club opened in 1986. Delta offers move than 50 sky club locations, in addition to partner and third-party business lounges worldwide.

The clubs (the Atlanta version is pictured) allow access typically for paid members only, with members gaining points for flying.

The Nashville International Airport Delta Sky Club work is not part of BNA Vision, work on which started in 2016. The multi-component effort eventually could carry a price tag of more than $1 billion.

Delta Air Lines Inc. is based in Atlanta.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL is getting pretty stingy if they are no longer giving points for flying to people who aren't Sky Club members
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:10 pm

where are they going to add more space to the existing club? It's been a couple of months since I was through BNA but IIRC there isn't anything else near the club other than the B3 and B5 gate areas, is there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.