Search

Millage Run Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Millage Run Help

Hi Everyone

I figured that it wouldn't hurt to post this in the event anyone has some good advice.

I have until the end of March to complete a status match for GM. I still need either 7200 MQMs or 10 MQSs to maintain status through Feb 2017.

I am NYC based and would ideally love to knock this out for a) the least amount of time and b) the least amount of $$. I have searched for this and have come up having to take multiple trips to get it done. Ideally, I would love to do it in a day or two and am flat out of ideas.

Kudos to anyone who has a suggestion that might fly (no pun intended).

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
JFK-CDG/AMS out and back, just over 3600 miles each way.
Or cheaply, LGA-BOS-AMS out on 3/19, returning via FRA on 3/21 -- $871.
Out and backs without a 1 night stay are much more expensive.
Check matrix.itasoftware.com.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by avflyer
Hi Everyone

I figured that it wouldn't hurt to post this in the event anyone has some good advice.

I have until the end of March to complete a status match for GM. I still need either 7200 MQMs or 10 MQSs to maintain status through Feb 2017.

I am NYC based and would ideally love to knock this out for a) the least amount of time and b) the least amount of $$. I have searched for this and have come up having to take multiple trips to get it done. Ideally, I would love to do it in a day or two and am flat out of ideas.

Kudos to anyone who has a suggestion that might fly (no pun intended).

Thanks in advance.
Simple. FT threads on MRs. Look for "DL:" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mot29
JFK-CDG/AMS out and back, just over 3600 miles each way.
Or cheaply, LGA-BOS-AMS out on 3/19, returning via FRA on 3/21 -- $871.
Out and backs without a 1 night stay are much more expensive.
Check matrix.itasoftware.com.
Any domestic flight thoughts? I would prefer to keep cost down if possible.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Simple. FT threads on MRs. Look for "DL:" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/
Yes, lots of DL deals there. Have you looked lately ?

Any domestic flight thoughts? I would prefer to keep cost down if possible.
Your best bet might be international coach. Domestically, the only way your going to do it in one trip is to fly up front and I doubt your going to be able to do it for less than $871 out of JFK/LGA
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
For domestic look at ANC. I see JFK-MSP/SEA-ANC rt late March for $587. not the best MR ever at 8 cpm but you're right at 21 days from departure so the cheapest fares are gone.

You might also consider BUR or SJC but you'll need at least 2 connection each way to get to 7,200 MQMs.

Those three cities have been the place to start for me planning MR's out of NYC.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Ledfish
Yes, lots of DL deals there. Have you looked lately ?
Yep. Going to Japan for 3CPM! :-)
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Also consider reviewing https://www.google.com/flights/. If you have some dates in mind, just plug in your departure city (or NYC for all city airports), your departure/return dates, and filter to Delta/Skyteam to see what your options are. You can also adjust the max price you are willing to pay. Very handy site.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
JFK-SJU has been really cheap lately, and often flies with empty seats in first.

Here's a cheap date for March 29th. You'd have most of the day in PR, so in addition to the MQMs, you'd get a day on the beach.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Found a reasonable solution. Will be flying mid-week NYC-LAX with a stopover each way. I make it out in the late afternoon and can have dinner with a friend. Then red-eye it back. All in F for about $860. The F nets +7500 MQMs and I knock it out in one domestic trip under 24 hours in time. Plus dinner in LA

Thanks to all for the advice.

BTW, for me, the 70b domestic baggage allowance is key as I travel with samples and over the course of the year, will save thousands in Fed-X/UPS or overweight fees. That plus the other perks that come with GM.

So all is good. Thanks for all who helped here. Always great advice.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Found a reasonable solution. Will be flying mid-week NYC-LAX with a stopover each way. I make it out in the late afternoon and can have dinner with a friend. Then red-eye it back. All in F for about $860. The F nets +7500 MQMs and I knock it out in one domestic trip under 24 hours in time. Plus dinner in LA

Thanks to all for the advice.

BTW, for me, the 70b domestic baggage allowance is key as I travel with samples and over the course of the year, will save thousands in Fed-X/UPS or overweight fees. That plus the other perks that come with GM.

So all is good. Thanks for all who helped here. Always great advice.
If you were a gamer you could have even more fun. Look into LAX-SFO-JFK return with SDC, getting Delta One for the red-eye.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Yep. Going to Japan for 3CPM! :-)
I'm doing the same for a long weekend and a slightly higher CPM for a fun weekend trip.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sethb
If you were a gamer you could have even more fun. Look into LAX-SFO-JFK return with SDC, getting Delta One for the red-eye.
Shhhh, don't tell Bubbashow.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by WWads
Shhhh, don't tell Bubbashow.
true dat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.