FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Upgrade list no longer showing on delta app? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1750727-upgrade-list-no-longer-showing-delta-app.html)

pssinatl Mar 3, 16 3:50 pm

Upgrade list no longer showing on delta app?

Checked in for DCA-ATL, and where the app used to say "view upgrade list" it now says "upgrade requested". Also no ticker with upgrade position on "Today" tab. Called DM desk and was told that the app will no longer display position on upgrade list but you can still call to ask your position.

If confirmed, would be another step in removing transparency for Delta's processes. Once we have no information about where we are on the upgrade list, shenanigans are not far behind!

Can anyone else replicate?

SATXFlyer Mar 3, 16 3:57 pm

I'm using an iPhone with version 3.7.1 of the app and can still see the upgrade list. It disappears once I've been upgraded.

SJC ORD LDR Mar 3, 16 3:58 pm

I just saw the list yesterday. You should still get the ticker and you can click on it with your name on the list.

pssinatl Mar 3, 16 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR (Post 26280279)
I just saw the list yesterday. You should still get the ticker and you can click on it with your name on the list.

Thanks -- I saw it yesterday too on my flight to DCA but not there now. I'll reinstall the app and retry! Tx

123Go Mar 3, 16 5:09 pm

New Enhancements: disappears once you've been upgraded and doesn't show it if you're not checked in or eligible for upgrade

jrkmsp Mar 3, 16 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by 123Go (Post 26280551)
New Enhancements: disappears once you've been upgraded and doesn't show it if you're not checked in or eligible for upgrade

This is how it used to be. A rollback to old, less useful functionality.

ROBEAR Mar 3, 16 5:33 pm

It's a stupid change. Delta should Bring back the list. If there is no list then I'll just call and waste more time with agents.

ROBEAR Mar 3, 16 5:39 pm

I'm pretty certain it doesn't show any list. I'm a diamond and I can't see anything.

MSPeconomist Mar 3, 16 8:14 pm

Huh? Today on the DL app on my iphone I could certainly see the upgrade list before and after boarding even though I had been upgraded at my window. However, it didn't seem to show on the gate monitors (MSP, F gates).

stevekstevek Apr 2, 16 9:13 pm

I'm having the same thing for the past week (3 flights). Is this an anomaly, or the new normal?

I see the list on the full html website, but that's obviously less convenient.

puddinhead Apr 3, 16 11:13 am

DL sucks with their data obscurity. On UA's website anyone can look at the upgrade and standby list for any flight. Doesn't require one to be flying on that flight or even to be logged in.

Has the same naming convention as DL - LLL/F so one can't get any specific info on passengers.

Overall UA sucks but they don't try to keep info hidden.

AA and award flight info is far superior to DL but tht is another rant in waiting.

MSPeconomist Apr 4, 16 11:17 am

Yesterday (and the day before, starting at T -24) I was able to see upgrade lists on the app as expected.

EditingFX Apr 4, 16 1:21 pm

Working as normal on iOS today. 2/29 for 3. Scored.

rucksack Apr 4, 16 1:26 pm

Mixed experiences for me. Of my two segments yesterday, one had the ticker, the other did not. For the one that did not have the ticker, it also didn't have a link to view the upgrade list from "Today" but I was able to view the upgrade list from the "My trips" area. Sounds like unintentional buginess.

CJKatl Apr 4, 16 3:58 pm

When I just accessed the app, a message popped about the app having been "upgraded" to the latest version. Now, the UG list is not showing for my flight tomorrow. As others have reported, it shows "Upgrade Requested" and if you click "View Edit" it says you cannot edit after checking in. It does show online, where I'm presently #2, but not on the app.