Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade list no longer showing on delta app?

Upgrade list no longer showing on delta app?

Old Apr 4, 16, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
To those having trouble with the DL app 3.8 version, do yourself and others a favor.

1) go to your app store and give the app 1 star and explain why (what critical feature has stopped working with the latest update). Lots of recent 1 star ratings for the Android version, describing a variety of bugs....

2) change your phone settings to no longer automatically update apps, and

3) don't update the DL app when the "DL app doesn't do this" threads light up on FT.
Old Apr 4, 16, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
To those having trouble with the DL app 3.8 version, do yourself and others a favor.

1) go to your app store and give the app 1 star and explain why (what critical feature has stopped working with the latest update).
A critical feature has not stopped working; Certain functions have been intentionally removed. We are not having trouble using the app. It's working as intended. There is a difference between a technical glitch and corporate decision. The gripe is not with the app. The gripe is with the lack of transparency and the disappearing upgrades. DL has every right to monetize the first product, and to not share the UG list, and we have every right to not be happy about this, but that does not mean we are having trouble with the app or that anything has stopped working.
Old Apr 4, 16, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
I noticed this earlier this week. In my case, it was because I outbound flight hadn't cleared yet, so it didn't appear on my app for the return the next day.

After midnight, it cleared in the app and I was able to see the upgrade list. I didn't clear and I was stuck in coach. Grr.
Old Apr 4, 16, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ruckzac View Post
Mixed experiences for me. Of my two segments yesterday, one had the ticker, the other did not. For the one that did not have the ticker, it also didn't have a link to view the upgrade list from "Today" but I was able to view the upgrade list from the "My trips" area. Sounds like unintentional buginess.
I always do My Delta > My Trips and view my itinerary to click and see the upgrade list.
Old Apr 7, 16, 5:18 pm

Cool. Just found my list that way.

So my daughter is on there (no status) but I'm not (Plat).

Gate agent was clueless.
Old Apr 7, 16, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Worked fine on iOS for me today. No issues at all.
Old Apr 21, 16, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I always do My Delta > My Trips and view my itinerary to click and see the upgrade list.
Interesting since I'm checked in for some flights and I had a link to view the upgrade list during the check in process, however now it is gone and there is no link from viewing my itinerary...
Old Apr 21, 16, 4:01 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Interesting since I'm checked in for some flights and I had a link to view the upgrade list during the check in process, however now it is gone and there is no link from viewing my itinerary...
I'm using the app on my iphone.
Old Apr 22, 16, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I saw it on my iphone no problem. It didn't appear on the website until I re-checked in at the airport to get my docs-ok boarding passes. Must've just been a glitch or something.
Old Jul 13, 16, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Gold
Updating this thread to report that the absence of the upgrade list is still an issue at times on the app. Sometimes I can see the ticker at the bottom of the box about the flight on "Today," but, well, not today. No ticker to click on and no upgrade list available anywhere on the app that I can find (including under "My Trips")--neither on the leg on which I've been upgraded nor on the leg on which I'm still on the list.
Old Jul 13, 16, 1:08 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The UG list showed up normally on the Android app yesterday afternoon.
Old Jul 13, 16, 8:14 pm

The upgrade and standby lists showed normally on my iphone app earlier this week, both international and domestic segments.
Old Jul 15, 16, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
App was just updated (I have iOS version), and it was mostly a bug fix release, plus Bag Track enhancements. Fixed this and a few other annoyances.
Old Jul 15, 16, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scongro View Post
App was just updated (I have iOS version), and it was mostly a bug fix release, plus Bag Track enhancements. Fixed this and a few other annoyances.
Thanks, scongro. ^ I just checked the info on yesterday's update and it says, "Added an Upgrade/Standby List button to My Trips so you can always view your spot on the list after you've checked in."

Hope it works. I'll check it out when I travel again next week.
Old Jul 15, 16, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Worked for my flights today. Able to view the upgrade and standby lists, even though I was booked in paid F.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: