FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Upgrade list no longer showing on delta app? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1750727-upgrade-list-no-longer-showing-delta-app.html)

mnbp Apr 4, 2016 4:20 pm

To those having trouble with the DL app 3.8 version, do yourself and others a favor.

1) go to your app store and give the app 1 star and explain why (what critical feature has stopped working with the latest update). Lots of recent 1 star ratings for the Android version, describing a variety of bugs....

2) change your phone settings to no longer automatically update apps, and

3) don't update the DL app when the "DL app doesn't do this" threads light up on FT.

CJKatl Apr 4, 2016 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp (Post 26436713)
To those having trouble with the DL app 3.8 version, do yourself and others a favor.

1) go to your app store and give the app 1 star and explain why (what critical feature has stopped working with the latest update).

A critical feature has not stopped working; Certain functions have been intentionally removed. We are not having trouble using the app. It's working as intended. There is a difference between a technical glitch and corporate decision. The gripe is not with the app. The gripe is with the lack of transparency and the disappearing upgrades. DL has every right to monetize the first product, and to not share the UG list, and we have every right to not be happy about this, but that does not mean we are having trouble with the app or that anything has stopped working.

DCADeltaRoadWarrior Apr 4, 2016 8:52 pm

I noticed this earlier this week. In my case, it was because I outbound flight hadn't cleared yet, so it didn't appear on my app for the return the next day.

After midnight, it cleared in the app and I was able to see the upgrade list. I didn't clear and I was stuck in coach. Grr.

MSPeconomist Apr 4, 2016 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by ruckzac (Post 26435737)
Mixed experiences for me. Of my two segments yesterday, one had the ticker, the other did not. For the one that did not have the ticker, it also didn't have a link to view the upgrade list from "Today" but I was able to view the upgrade list from the "My trips" area. Sounds like unintentional buginess.

I always do My Delta > My Trips and view my itinerary to click and see the upgrade list.

Michael Ad Apr 7, 2016 5:18 pm

Cool. Just found my list that way.

So my daughter is on there (no status) but I'm not (Plat).

Gate agent was clueless.

baccarat0809 Apr 7, 2016 6:58 pm

Worked fine on iOS for me today. No issues at all.

rylan Apr 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 26437926)
I always do My Delta > My Trips and view my itinerary to click and see the upgrade list.

Interesting since I'm checked in for some flights and I had a link to view the upgrade list during the check in process, however now it is gone and there is no link from viewing my itinerary...

MSPeconomist Apr 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 26518019)
Interesting since I'm checked in for some flights and I had a link to view the upgrade list during the check in process, however now it is gone and there is no link from viewing my itinerary...

I'm using the app on my iphone.

rylan Apr 22, 2016 5:52 am

I saw it on my iphone no problem. It didn't appear on the website until I re-checked in at the airport to get my docs-ok boarding passes. Must've just been a glitch or something.

mglvrug Jul 13, 2016 11:52 am

Updating this thread to report that the absence of the upgrade list is still an issue at times on the app. Sometimes I can see the ticker at the bottom of the box about the flight on "Today," but, well, not today. No ticker to click on and no upgrade list available anywhere on the app that I can find (including under "My Trips")--neither on the leg on which I've been upgraded nor on the leg on which I'm still on the list.

davetravels Jul 13, 2016 1:08 pm

The UG list showed up normally on the Android app yesterday afternoon.

MSPeconomist Jul 13, 2016 8:14 pm

The upgrade and standby lists showed normally on my iphone app earlier this week, both international and domestic segments.

scongro Jul 15, 2016 9:51 am

App was just updated (I have iOS version), and it was mostly a bug fix release, plus Bag Track enhancements. Fixed this and a few other annoyances.

mglvrug Jul 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by scongro (Post 26920729)
App was just updated (I have iOS version), and it was mostly a bug fix release, plus Bag Track enhancements. Fixed this and a few other annoyances.

Thanks, scongro. ^ I just checked the info on yesterday's update and it says, "Added an Upgrade/Standby List button to My Trips so you can always view your spot on the list after you've checked in."

Hope it works. I'll check it out when I travel again next week.

KDCAflyer Jul 15, 2016 7:06 pm

Worked for my flights today. Able to view the upgrade and standby lists, even though I was booked in paid F.