Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles Account hacked today

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by lov2fly
Might want to HUCA (hang up and call again)

If you get the same response I would definitely ask for a supervisor (or to be transfer to fraud prevention).
She did finally get to a competent supervisor who opened an investigation/account audit, said she'd hear back in up to six weeks.

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Why would anybody hack an account then pay to transfer miles?
I don't know, I'm guessing maybe they also paid with a stolen CC number? Only thing I can think of.

Originally Posted by rylan
If it was a mileage transfer, then DL knows what account it went to and should be able to reverse it and flag the account it went to as fraud. I guess the question is, as others mentioned, how much time elapsed from the notification of profile update until she contacted Delta?
It was the very next day.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:33 am

A crime has been committed.

Did Delta indicate that THEY would be filing a report with law enforcement, or did they ask you to do this? If Delta didn't indicate, ask. If they aren't going to, you may wish to file with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Well the account audit was completed already and Mrs. 84fiero's miles have been restored to her account!^ Whole thing was kinda weird, but all's well that ends well.

I do want to say that the Delta corporate Flyertalk account also PM'ed me offering to help if we still needed it, which was appreciated as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.