FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Did Delta change the minimum miles needed for Business Class to Israel? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1750341-did-delta-change-minimum-miles-needed-business-class-israel.html)

uofmgrad1987 Mar 2, 2016 6:27 am

Did Delta change the minimum miles needed for Business Class to Israel?

I recently booked flights from the US to Israel in Business Class at 70K per ticket. I didn't get the exact route I wanted, so I have been checking every day to see if better itineraries come up. Beginning yesterday, the lowest level was at 85K for all seats that used to be 70K. Did Delta raise the lowest level up to 85K?

rylan Mar 2, 2016 7:09 am

Well since Delta pulled the published award charts, we don't know what is actually the lowest level any more... which frees them up to increase it at will. If the flights you see are listed in 'O' class (not ON, OL etc) then that is the lowest bucket.

uofmgrad87 Mar 2, 2016 7:50 am

Just checked again and it is coming at 85K for O class, so I guess Delta raised the lowest level. I guess I won't be changing my itinerary for this trip.

3Cforme Mar 2, 2016 7:52 am

Rylan's advice to look for O is good. If O (plain O) is greater than 70K you have found a scheduled cost increase.

There are still 70K tickets to be had into October.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...pssb04csbu.png

FlyAO2 Mar 2, 2016 9:10 am

I see 70K as well.....not on DL metal of course (that would be like finding a unicorn riding the loch ness monster), but on partners 70K still shows up

(You would think with the addition of a SECOND JFK-TLV flight, DL would release some seats on their metal, but nope...162,500 or 375,000 miles one way for every single day on the award calendar)

lamprey Mar 2, 2016 9:17 am

Note that you now have to go to the buy screen to see what kind of O fare it is. The DL.dumb search results say O for everything, it's only when you select a fare does it tell you if it's an OS, OL, etc.

davetravels Mar 2, 2016 9:34 am

Hmmmmmm......

uofmgrad87 or uofmgrad1987.........

Will the real graduate, pleeeez stand up!

;) :D :)

uofmgrad87 Mar 2, 2016 11:56 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 26272319)
Hmmmmmm......

uofmgrad87 or uofmgrad1987.........

Will the real graduate, pleeeez stand up!

;) :D :)

How do you know it's not 1887?

rylan Mar 2, 2016 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by lamprey (Post 26272213)

Good point, I just noticed the above as well when doing some test award searches. Makes it more difficult to identify when you actually have the lowest level without selecting the flights.

davetravels Mar 2, 2016 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by uofmgrad87 (Post 26273109)
How do you know it's not 1887?

Because, in your original post, you used a different screenname of uofmgrad1987 started in 2011 and currently has 1 single post. Your subsequent posts, are from screenname uofmgrad87 started in 2010 and currently has 17 posts!

So, you must have multiple personalities! :)

FlyAO2 Mar 6, 2016 9:52 am

Sadly - it appears that this is true. As of 11/1/2016 they've jacked it up to 85,000 miles. This is terrible and very interesting given that this puts Delta WAY out of line with the other airlines.

If you have AMEX points your best bet seems to be to move them to Singapore Airlines and book a ticket for 57,500.....got to pay a bit more in taxes, but clearly worth saving close to 30K miles!

FlyAO2 Aug 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2 (Post 26292608)
Sadly - it appears that this is true. As of 11/1/2016 they've jacked it up to 85,000 miles. This is terrible and very interesting given that this puts Delta WAY out of line with the other airlines.

If you have AMEX points your best bet seems to be to move them to Singapore Airlines and book a ticket for 57,500.....got to pay a bit more in taxes, but clearly worth saving close to 30K miles!

Interesting that after so many months, none of the other airlines (US or otherwise) has adjusted their redemptions up to these egregious rates. Guess this means the DL credit card needs to go into the drawer --- no point in accumulating miles if the redemption is so out of whack.

After all, its not like DL inventory is generous --- this route has to be booked on partners anyway