Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Domestic to International Baggage (2 Tickets)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold

Hi,
I am traveling to LHR from DFW in August. When looking at tickets, it is $1,800 if I book my ticket as DFW-LHR-DFW. If I book my ticket as DFW-JFK-DFW and then JFK-LHR-JFK on two separate round trips, my total cost is down to $1,350.

My question is when I check my bags in Dallas, will they check the bags all the way through and will I be charged for the bags? Also, is there any way to Delta to make these tickets "link together" so they are not totally separate? If they remain as separate tickets, that is fine. My main worry is the bags going all the way. I have enough of a layover to leave the sterile side and re-check them, but if this hassle can be avoided, I wouldn't complain. For the flights back, I don't think this will be much of a worry since they will have to be re-checked regardless (unless I am mistaken; never flown internationally through JFK).

For reference, the JFK-LHR-JFK will be on Virgin Atlantic booked with Delta flight numbers. DFW-JFK-DFW is Delta metal and flight numbers.

Thanks for your help and insight! This will help me avoid my other option of Aeromexico down to MEX with an 8 hour layover each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.