FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Use Your Miles to Pour on the Premium (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1748781-use-your-miles-pour-premium.html)

Zorak Feb 8, 2016 11:39 pm

PWM at SFO Sky Club

1 Attachment(s)

As a SkyMiles member you now have the option to use your miles towards the purchase of any premium beverage. ... Pay with miles is only available in the SFO club.
The bartender said it's 100 miles = $1.

rylan Feb 9, 2016 6:47 am

Guess thats a good way to burn off any extra miles leftover in your acct :p

StayingHomeIsBetter Feb 9, 2016 8:39 am

If only it worked with SkyBonus points.

DLERT Feb 9, 2016 9:47 am

You can buy 2000 sky pesos for $70 or $0.035 a mile.

"The bartender said it's 100 miles = $1."

So 100 miles cost $3.50.

Seems like a fair exchange to me - OR DOES IT ???

Got to be desperate for a drink that should have been free with club membership !

ND76 Feb 24, 2016 6:05 am

Use Your Miles to Pour on the Premium

I saw this little laminated card in the DCA SkyClub this morning:

USE YOUR MILES TO
POUR ON THE PREMIUM

Lift your spirits when you visit THE BAR
at Delta Sky Club. As a SkyMiles member
you now have the option to redeem miles
for any premium beverage.

Valid only for guests 21 years and older. All SkyMiles
program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit
Membership Guide & Program Rules. All Delta SkyClub
rules apply. Please drink responsibly.

----

I can't find any reference to this promotion in the on-line membership guide. The bartender here tells me that 100 miles buys an $8.00 premium drink. YMMV.

cestmoi123 Feb 24, 2016 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 26235998)
I can't find any reference to this promotion in the on-line membership guide. The bartender here tells me that 100 miles buys an $8.00 premium drink. YMMV.

If that's true, it's an incredible redemption ratio. Heck, at that ratio, just buy the bottle (about 1700 miles).

rylan Feb 24, 2016 8:41 am

Someone posted about the same program in SFO, so sounds like its being tried out. I think there it was $1=100 miles, so that $8 drink would be 800 miles.

If you can get a drink for 100 miles then yeah that is a great deal.

GRALISTAIR Feb 24, 2016 9:04 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 26236593)

TGTBT ?

Zorak Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 26236593)
Someone posted about the same program in SFO, so sounds like its being tried out. I think there it was $1=100 miles, so that $8 drink would be 800 miles.

That was me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-club.html

it's possible I had a miscommunication/misunderstanding. I definitely like 100 miles per drink better than 100 miles per $1 :D

bennos Feb 24, 2016 12:43 pm

* Upgrades are limited and may not be available at all SkyClubs. You must first purchase a regular, non-upgraded drink. Upon confirming upgrade availability, miles will be deducted from your account and your drink will be reissued into the premium category. If you cancel your drink for any reason, your miles will not be refunded. Miles earned from drink transactions will be credited based on the original class of drink purchased. Drinks may come with up to 4" of extra headroom. Travel agents: Drink upgrades book into PU class.

Zorak Feb 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 26237909)
* Upgrades are limited and may not be available at all SkyClubs. You must first purchase a regular, non-upgraded drink. Upon confirming upgrade availability, miles will be deducted from your account and your drink will be reissued into the premium category. If you cancel your drink for any reason, your miles will not be refunded. Miles earned from drink transactions will be credited based on the original class of drink purchased. Drinks may come with up to 4" of extra headroom. Travel agents: Drink upgrades book into PU class.

^ coming soon: "a non-rev stole my drink!" :D

PV_Premier Feb 24, 2016 1:17 pm

^^^^^^:D

GRALISTAIR Feb 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 26237964)

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 26238089)
^^^^^^:D

Way too funny ^^ :D :D

jrl767 Feb 24, 2016 3:20 pm

if I remember to check out the club I will report from SFO tomorrow

jeet Feb 24, 2016 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 26237964)

OR
"Shena happened"
Gin was premium but tonic was not