Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Still possible to change FF programme after check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes

Now with delta basing mileage earnings on the ticket price, I was wondering, if it is still possible to change the frequent flyer account after check in - before boarding? I would like to earn some KL and DL segments (all KL flight numbers) to my delta skymiles account, but still prefer to use some benefits of my old expiring skyteam programme (lounge, preffered seating).
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Several years ago there was a way to book travel on pre-merger NW, obtain an upgrade and then change the frequent flyer number to Delta just before boarding. Took them about three months to kill that off.

But you mention lounge access and preferred seating. I would think that lounge access could be had by having the membership card or giving the attendant your number in the other program; some programs, like Delta's, allow access on other airlines' tickets. As to preferred seating (not an upgrade), try talking to the gate agent (or maybe at the lounge). Usually there is some discretion in giving these out.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Expiring DL status? I suspect you mean expired in that the new program year started on February 1st this year.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Expiring DL status? I suspect you mean expired in that the new program year started on February 1st this year.
no, not delta status. I said and meant a different skyteam FF-programme where status expires later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.