FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   partner codeshare flights earn miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1747238-partner-codeshare-flights-earn-miles.html)

iflyuaaa Feb 17, 2016 6:44 pm

partner codeshare flights earn miles?

i've flown china eastern, and appears i got full credit.

if i fly a china easter flight number, operated by china southern, does that also earn full credit?

CKDGM Feb 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Delta's MU partner page says:

"Accrual is not eligible for the following MU-marketed flight ranges: MU6001-6199, MU6501-6599 and MU6701-6799"

Is your flight in any of those ranges?

"Eligible Flights: Accrual valid on flights marketed by China Eastern or Shanghai Airlines, operated by China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines or other SkyTeam Partner."

CZ is a member of SkyTeam, so you're good there.

If you'd bought a CZ-marketed ticket, this would apply instead.

KDCAflyer Feb 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa (Post 26202209)
i've flown china eastern, and appears i got full credit.

if i fly a china easter flight number, operated by china southern, does that also earn full credit?

It doesn't matter who operates a flight, it's the ticket number that counts. If it's marketed by China Eastern, and starts with 781, you should get full credit.

iflyuaaa Feb 17, 2016 7:04 pm

thank you! i tried to click through the partner earning page from the FAQ and kept getting a 404.

MSPeconomist Feb 17, 2016 7:19 pm

The usual rule on this is that you earn on a (SkyTeam) partner codeshare if and only if the flight is operated by a SkyTeam member. Otherwise, a codeshare partner of one of DL's partners is not necessarily a partner of DL.

flyerCO Feb 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 26202271)
It doesn't matter who operates a flight, it's the ticket number that counts. If it's marketed by China Eastern, and starts with 781, you should get full credit.

Incorrect. Ticket number only deals with MQDs. The MU codeshare must be a Skyteam to earn anything in terms of miles or MQMs.

xliioper Feb 17, 2016 8:10 pm

There's a few heavily discounted China Eastern fare classes that earn no miles at all on DL. Best to check your fare class and the China Eastern partner earnings web page on delta.com first to make sure your class is listed before assuming it will earn anything.

iflyuaaa Feb 17, 2016 8:29 pm

for whatever reason, our company travel agency buys Y fare tickets so fare class shouldn't be an issue.

flyerCO Feb 17, 2016 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa (Post 26202645)
for whatever reason, our company travel agency buys Y fare tickets so fare class shouldn't be an issue.

Are you sure it's an actual paid Y fare or is it just booked in Y? There's some contracts that allow the passenger to pay a discounted fare, but can book using Y inventory.

iflyuaaa Feb 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 26202961)
Are you sure it's an actual paid Y fare or is it just booked in Y? There's some contracts that allow the passenger to pay a discounted fare, but can book using Y inventory.

i have no idea, but on my statement on DL, it did post like 125% miles if i recall

MSPeconomist Feb 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa (Post 26202645)

Very few companies routinely purchase FULL Y tickets when cheaper flights are available. They might insist on refundable fares, especially if travel is charged to a client or project, but usually there are a few refundable fares that are cheaper than Y.