JFK-CDG-LIS Seat Selection?

Old Feb 15, 16, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, SPG Plat100
JFK-CDG-LIS Seat Selection?

Long story short: Does anyone have any tips/tricks for being able to select seats with Air France on a joint DL/AF itinerary?

Booked a round-trip JFK-CDG-LIS itinerary with the help of the 360 desk.

Both JFK-CDG legs are on Delta metal (flights selected so my GUC's cleared immediately). However, the CDG-LIS legs are Air France which means the GUC's are no good.

I don't mind missing out on the short-haul upgrade, but I'd love to be able to select our seats in advance. Both the DL and AF websites refuse to display a seat map, and the 360 desk couldn't help me either. Does anyone know of a way that I can select our seats in advance?
Old Feb 15, 16, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver, United Silver
As far as I know AF allows advance seat selection for intra-Europe flights only for Flying Blue upper elite levels, "business class" seats, and full flex Y fares. Everyone else gets to choose at check-in. However, it has been a year since I did AF within Europe, so that may have changed.
Old Feb 15, 16, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.9 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
You need the Air France reservation locator to access your reservation on their website.

On my last trip on AF coach, CDG-BUD, they pre-assigned me to a window seat in the first row of their "Sky Priority" section, behind the curtain of the so-called "Affaires class" (which are coach seats with the middles blocked off). As no person sat in the middle in my row, I basically had the same level of comfort as someone sitting in the first few rows of the plane.
Old Feb 17, 16, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, SPG Plat100
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
You need the Air France reservation locator to access your reservation on their website.
I was able to get that from the Delta rep. Plugged it into the AF website and still get the "seat selection at airport" message.

Seems like ExArkie above is right, on the Air France intra-Europe flights there's no such thing as advanced seat selection in J. Hopefully DL 360 will at least get me some priority in their assignment process...
Old Feb 17, 16, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
Originally Posted by DrCordell View Post
I was able to get that from the Delta rep. Plugged it into the AF website and still get the "seat selection at airport" message.

Seems like ExArkie above is right, on the Air France intra-Europe flights there's no such thing as advanced seat selection in J. Hopefully DL 360 will at least get me some priority in their assignment process...
For intra-Europe flights on AF/KL, seat assignments are at OLCI.

Tweeting AF can help with seats if you're a STE+ but I'm not sure they'd do so for intra-Europe flights. The AF twitter team is very responsive.
Old Feb 17, 16, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
For intra-Europe flights on AF/KL, seat assignments are at OLCI.

Tweeting AF can help with seats if you're a STE+ but I'm not sure they'd do so for intra-Europe flights. The AF twitter team is very responsive.
I've always been able to select seats in advance on AF/KLM in (Euro)business class.
Old Feb 17, 16, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I've always been able to select seats in advance on AF/KLM in (Euro)business class.
As the OP used a GUC to upgrade JFK-CDG, I assume they're booked in economy from CDG to LIS. As such, they're contending with economy cabin seat assignments.
Old Feb 17, 16, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
As the OP used a GUC to upgrade JFK-CDG, I assume they're booked in economy from CDG to LIS. As such, they're contending with economy cabin seat assignments.
That should be true, but the post I quoted talks about seat assignments in J, which should mean either business class generically or a full fare fully refundable business class fare code.
Old Feb 17, 16, 9:45 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
I don't mind missing out on the short-haul upgrade, but I'd love to be able to select our seats in advance. Both the DL and AF websites refuse to display a seat map, and the 360 desk couldn't help me either. Does anyone know of a way that I can select our seats in advance?
You will have to wait until OLCI, and at that point, chances are you will have a seat assigned at the front of the plane. As MSPeconomist pointed out, advanced seat selection on intra-europe flights is only available for Business Class.
Old Feb 17, 16, 10:02 am
tmf

Programs: DL PM | Kimpton IC | IHG RA | HH Diamond
I find many more options moving seats assigned by AF closer to the T-30 (or T-24) with decreased space and options closer to departure time. So act fast if you can.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: