The whole UG list lost out

Old Feb 14, 16, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz Gold, Thrifty Bluechip, Enterprise Gold, IHG, AA Advantage Platinum
The whole UG list lost out

So this happened on Friday night flying out of MSP. Flight went out with one empty seat in FC. I looked during the flight to make sure the seat was empty. Every one boarded with plenty of time left and even pushed back 4 minutes early. I was 27/28 as a GM, so I would guess the upper 1/3 or more of the list was DM's. Mr./Mrs. Cof, K got screwed. It is a 45 minute flight, but #1 should have been upgraded. It looks like the MSP GA used "the you board you loose" policy. All boarded and all lost. On the contrary my flight out of RSW to MSP I was 1 on the list with 0 available and asked the agent if I should hang around or board in case of a no-show and he looked at the screen and said you can board anytime you want and I will come to 12C and get you if there is a seat available.
Attached Images    
Old Feb 14, 16, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by hotshot265 View Post
So this happened on Friday night flying out of MSP. Flight went out with one empty seat in FC. I looked during the flight to make sure the seat was empty. Every one boarded with plenty of time left and even pushed back 4 minutes early. I was 27/28 as a GM, so I would guess the upper 1/3 or more of the list was DM's. Mr./Mrs. Cof, K got screwed. It is a 45 minute flight, but #1 should have been upgraded. It looks like the MSP GA used "the you board you loose" policy. All boarded and all lost. On the contrary my flight out of RSW to MSP I was 1 on the list with 0 available and asked the agent if I should hang around or board in case of a no-show and he looked at the screen and said you can board anytime you want and I will come to 12C and get you if there is a seat available.
RSW is one of the nicest DL outstations in the system. Had a great experience flying out of there last year and got upgraded on a flight to JFK.
Old Feb 14, 16, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz Gold, Thrifty Bluechip, Enterprise Gold, IHG, AA Advantage Platinum
I agree...I fly out of there every now and then and they are always super nice, friendly and helpful.
Old Feb 14, 16, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hotshot265 View Post
GA used "the you board you loose" policy.
I agree completely, that, the "You board you lose" is a very loose policy.
Old Feb 14, 16, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I would not say that the whole UG list lost out... just #1 on the the list.

But, I do agree the the policy and its implementation should be standardized.
Old Feb 14, 16, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
this is why if want F buy F rather than stress about such things.
Old Feb 14, 16, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is why you should presume that the GA will do his job and follow DL's policy unless you specifically ask and he tells you that he will do something else. At that point, you can make the judgment as to whether you hang at the gate or board and give up the possibility.
Old Feb 14, 16, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
It is possible that there was something wrong with the seat.
Old Feb 14, 16, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

It did not appear to have anything wrong with it. I noticed the blanket and pillow were on the seat and the bottle of water was laying on the seat as I walked off the plane.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: