Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Dollars or MQDs: The Definitive Thread

Medallion Qualification Dollars or MQDs: The Definitive Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
MQDs should be at least the base fare. (Arbitrary Delta charges are also included, so it can be higher.)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
MQDs not posting on buy-up from Y->F

For anyone who originally purchased a coach ticket, or has a business ticket in coach and then pays the difference in fare to go to first class, MQDs do not appear to be posting for the full value.

I recently had a coach ticket purchased by my company and I called and paid the difference to the P fare. MQDs posted and not even for anything that made sense... not the original fare, not the new full ticket, and not the difference in fare, but some amount less than the difference in base fares.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
MQD and ORC

Acronym world.
In the "test" phase of MQD late last year several people noted that when requesting ORC for a flight change that the MQDs didn't always show up -- I encountered that a few times.
Last Saturday I ended up rerouting. Booked routing was AUS-DTW-DCA but I flew AUS-ATL-DCA, almost a 300 mile difference.
Got the original routing credit, but the MQDs for the return disappeared. Followed up this morning and within an hour the MQDs were back. Maybe my message got routed to a savvy agent, but it didn't take the back-and-forth that things like this sometimes take.

Last edited by mot29; Jan 16, 2014 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Glad you got it fixed. My MQDs posted incorrectly for both of my flights so far this year. Still waiting for it to get fixed.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Mileage Qualification Dollars

I spent almost $1,800 in December on a ticket for January 2014. I received no credit (MQD) for the money spent. I was told the ticket needed to be paid for in the year used for it to count.

Huh?

So now we can't buy ahead and have the dollars go to the year in which the ticket is actually used?

Any thoughts? Help?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
This is correct. Just as a FYI MQD = Medallion Qualifying Dollars.

Just as miles or segments, dollars are earned as the segments are flown.

You can find additional information here: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...lars-faqs.html

Assuming this is a qualifying ticket (see: conversations RE: bulk or travel agency tickets), you should *still* receive credit for it in 2014 though - but only after the segments are flown. If you already flew these segments and didn't receive credit you'll need to submit a request and keep asking until you get someone who understands. Please note, credit should be given when the MQM/MQS post (aka when you see the miles in your account).

Last edited by mbwmbw; Jan 22, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
I am editing my response after rereading your post. You will get MQD credit this year, not for 2013 (which wouldn't count anyway). It should not matter that you bought them last year.

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Jan 22, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Have you already flown the route? I think you should indeed get credit for it for 2014, but it will only post when the flight is flown and the miles for the flight posts. Even though MQD's did not count last year, they were tracked. If you flew on Delta last year you can look at one of your past flights in your SkyMiles activity and see that the MQD's show up with the MQM's.

Last edited by roknroll; Jan 22, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:51 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
MQDs will accrue in the year in which flights were flown, not purchased.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ss278
I spent almost $1,800 in December on a ticket for January 2014. I received no credit (MQD) for the money spent. I was told the ticket needed to be paid for in the year used for it to count.

Huh?

So now we can't buy ahead and have the dollars go to the year in which the ticket is actually used?
Tickets definitely don't have to be purchased and flown in the same year for MQD or MQM credit. All tickets that I bought in December but flew in January counted toward 2014 MQD.

Are you asking if they should be credited in 2013 or are you asking when you will receive 2014 MQD credit? And just to be sure, are these DL flts or at least DL marketed flts on 006 stock?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Thanks. Flying tomorrow.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Remember, taxes and fees do not count towards MQD. So if your $1,800 included $200 in taxes and fees, then you will only get $1,600 MQD credit.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by ss278
Thanks. Flying tomorrow.
As long as the initial leg(s) of the ticket have a fare attached, you'll see it post. I bought tickets in Dec for my first January trip and they posted just fine.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
I think there is some bug in their system though. I purchased a one way and a multi city ticket in Dec 2013 and flew the outbound in Dec 2013.

First part of trip was JFK -> LAS, shows $554 MQD's.
Second part 3 days later and on a now separate reservation was LAS -> SEA -> NRT -> MNL, no MQD's received

Return trip on Jan 2, 2014 was MNL -> NRT -> PDX -> SEA. Booked as MNL -> SEA, posted as MNL -> NRT (with $250 MQDs received) and NRT -> SEA (no MQD's received)
Last part of trip 3 days after was SEA -> JFK, $318 MQD's received.

Obviously something not right there, total MQD's received $1,122
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, American Platinum
MQD on Codeshare with Upgrade

So, here is a question on MQDs for Delta codeshares...

I purchased a ticket on a Delta codeshare flight operated by KLM. The flights had a Delta flight number when I purchased the ticket. I used a SWU to upgrade the flight. After the upgrade was completed, the flight numbers were converted to KLM flight numbers.

What's going to happen for MQD credit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.