Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Dollars or MQDs: The Definitive Thread

Medallion Qualification Dollars or MQDs: The Definitive Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
What year do MQDs count for?

(I tried searching, but you can't search for "MQD" because it's too short, most FTers don't spell it out, and the sticky thread on qualification at the top has nearly 3,000 posts that I'd have to read through individually ... hopefully someone can give me the one-sentence answer without too much trouble):

Do tickets purchased in 2013 for 2014 flights count toward the 2014 MQD thresholds? In other words, are MQD spending credits based on date of purchase or date of flight?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
MQDs post when the flight is taken, not when purchased.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
OP, some helpful tips for searching:

1.) Try the FT search box using your query in quotation marks, i.e., searching for "MQD" instead of MQD.
2.) Try using Google instead and including the term "site:flyertalk.com" with your search query to limit your results to FT.

Hopefully this makes it a bit easier in the future!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
They count towards the year the flight was flown. Doesn't matter when they were purchased.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks! Logical, but logic doesn't always apply with airlines. Good to know for booking some January flights.
Originally Posted by eturowski
OP, some helpful tips for searching:

1.) Try the FT search box using your query in quotation marks, i.e., searching for "MQD" instead of MQD.
2.) Try using Google instead and including the term "site:flyertalk.com" with your search query to limit your results to FT.

Hopefully this makes it a bit easier in the future!
Appreciate it. Didn't know (1), though I've been around here for a while. Knew (2), but didn't think of it at the time.

Last edited by Efrem; Oct 12, 2013 at 8:12 am Reason: Add quoted part and reply to it
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
MQD Question

I have read different threads including the sticky but unsure of an answer for my question:

I am ready to book my first eight trips in 2014. If I book and purchase these trips before January 1, 2014 will my 2014 account receive credit for the MQD? I know that my account will receive the MQM credit after I fly through each segment, but was unsure about MQD.

TIA
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MQD accrue when you fly, not purchase, just like MQM's.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
Thanks, guess I know what I am doing for the next couple of hours....lol
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Question MQD Question.

If I purchase a flight for myself, and my wife, on the one transaction, will all the MQDs accrue to me, or will they be split?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:45 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
MQDs, like MQMs and miles, go to the passenger not the purchaser.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
ORD MQD

Had to get ORC credit for flight the other day. After posting ORC correctly, MQDs no longer appear for said itinerary. When I called PM desk to ask about this policy going forward, they said that currently they don't have a way to fix this.

This has got to be a big issue going into next year. Has anyone had the same problem?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
You should repost with ORC in the title instead of Chicago O'Hare (ORD).

I'm probably like must people .... haven't paid much attention to MQ$$$ so far, given that the 2013 displays were just for practice. Guess I'll have to start paying attention.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:29 pm

MQD Credit

My SO and I just purchased two business class international tickets and we used our joint Delta Reserve card to make the payment. When she logged on tonight she was credited the full MQD amount while I received none. We did book the tickets through her Skymiles login as she is platinum but wouldn't you think the person flying would get the MQD credit?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Backuppmb
My SO and I just purchased two business class international tickets and we used our joint Delta Reserve card to make the payment. When she logged on tonight she was credited the full MQD amount while I received none. We did book the tickets through her Skymiles login as she is platinum but wouldn't you think the person flying would get the MQD credit?
MQDs accrue to the traveler's own SM account, just like MQMs - and only after travel, just like MQMs. Did you perhaps confuse the MQD line with the line immediately below that which says "Card spend" (and which updates almost instantaneously after a credit card purchase)? "Card spend" (MQD Waiver) always accrues to the SM account of the primary account holder.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.