Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Dollars or MQDs: The Definitive Thread

Medallion Qualification Dollars or MQDs: The Definitive Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
So I called the platinum desk. The lady I spoke with said buying miles on Delta.com would count. Can anyone confirm if this works or if you've done this?
Nope. Unless something changed.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
So I called the platinum desk. The lady I spoke with said buying miles on Delta.com would count. Can anyone confirm if this works or if you've done this?
Quite possibly they were confusing buying redeemable miles with the end of year Buy MQM's promo. Or the typical agent response of telling you whatever you want to hear when they don't actually know the answer. Note that mileage purchases are explicitly listed as ineligible in the MQD FAQ's --

"Delta Comfort+ and Preferred Seats purchases and effective July 21, 2015 paid Premium class upgrades made through a Delta channel are included in MQDs. All other ancillary purchases or fees, including but not limited to checked baggage fees, Priority Boarding, Delta Sky Club memberships, Wi-Fi passes, in-flight food and beverage purchases, in-flight entertainment, unaccompanied minor fees, pet travel fees, Mileage Booster or mileage purchases, ticket change fees, same-day confirmed or standby fee, Administrative Service Charge (ASC), External Reissue Charge (ERC), do not count toward earning MQDs."
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
The Medallion Desk folks can barely keep up with the new upgrade and companion rules.

I wouldn't trust them at all with MQDs. Especially because they won't be the people to fix it after you buy the RDMs and it doesn't work, and they will likely deflect responsibility too or cut you a voucher for the amount you need to fly so you can leave them alone.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
When are MQDs credited? When booked or after flying?

I keep a spreadsheet to project my MQMs but have just revised it to do the same for MQDs. Does anyone know the answer to the above?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
I keep a spreadsheet to project my MQMs but have just revised it to do the same for MQDs. Does anyone know the answer to the above?
After flying. You don't get anything till you fly
CrazyEddie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.