Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

News: Richard Anderson will retire this year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News: Richard Anderson will retire this year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
You'll get that wish, then it will change to MQM, which even fewer will like
Confused. MQM was how it used t o be, how would fewer like that?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm in favor of eliminating the MQM/MQS requirements. Make it all based on MQD's like WN.
Wrong! Delta is violated my rights not to change SkyMiles Programs. I don't care about changing the programs. STOP WASTING THE TIMES! I have rights to earned MQM/MQS and not to used for MQD. THIS IS INSANE!!!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
Wrong! Delta is violated my rights not to change SkyMiles Programs. I don't care about changing the programs. STOP WASTING THE TIMES! I have rights to earned MQM/MQS and not to used for MQD. THIS IS INSANE!!!
I'm probably one of Delta's harsher critics but even I couldn't claim with a straight face that they have violated any of my rights. Unless we are talking about that awful nut & seed crunch bar that shows up in the snack basket sometimes. The one that tastes like a combo of styrofoam and cardboard with a hint of blueberry. Now that is a violation!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Interview with R.A. in the NYT - 2009.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/26/bu...rner.html?_r=0

Good advice, sending this link on to my nephew in business school.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Rights? You have no right to even have a FF program, much less to dictate what the terms of such program are. The terms for Skymiles even clearly state they can terminate the program or modify it at DLs sole discretion.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else. Of course everywhere else has gone or is going to same type program.

It sucks, but customer loyalty programs are supposed to be about rewarding your best customers. Airlines for some reason started their programs out for rewarding based on use of services instead of how much you brought to the company. Just because they picked the wrong measure to begin with, doesn't mean they should be stuck with it forever.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:51 pm

What about my rights when Subway got rid of the stamps! I demand my rights to a free foot-long restored!

In all seriousness. Skymiles and all FF programs are free for anyone to join. Free programs aren't going to afford consumers a lot of rights.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ACCDraw
Interview with R.A. in the NYT - 2009.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/26/bu...rner.html?_r=0

Good advice, sending this link on to my nephew in business school.
Great article. Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It sucks, but customer loyalty programs are supposed to be about rewarding your best customers. Airlines for some reason started their programs out for rewarding based on use of services instead of how much you brought to the company. Just because they picked the wrong measure to begin with, doesn't mean they should be stuck with it forever.
Customer loyalty programs are about keeping customers coming back when they could choose to go with someone else.

Customer rewards program are about rewarding your best customers. Sometimes, your best customers may not be your most loyal customers, and vv, but they are generally correlated. The Medallion program is a loyalty program, the sky miles program is a rewards program.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Taking away everyone's gripes about skymiles and not getting the freebies they feel they deserve, and viewing it simply from a passenger on a plane for more close to 20 years, this man has been the most consistently impressive airline CEO. Whether he was running Northwest or Delta he has done a truly amazing job of presenting a product one could have confidence in and instilling customer-oriented staff values for all employees.

I may have a man-crush on R. Anderson, but it's for good reason. Change at the top of airlines is not good because of the unknown course of the incoming top dog, especially when the outgoing CEO has done a marvelous job.

I may not miss that drawl in your videos, but I will miss your leadership and values. BTW, you deserve to take the desk with you - leave your own proudly behind.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Anderson has not been running the company by himself. The fact that the new CEO is a close insider suggests that we will not see major change.
Unfortunately, that's what people were saying when Smisek took over at CAL
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
^ Those are my feelings as well. The sooner Anderson leaves the better. It's a wonder how his massive ego ever fit behind Woolman's desk.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I hope that the next person is able to fix the broken relationships with AS, KE, and any other partner that needs some serious mending.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
+1000! Hard to imagine anyone could have crushed loyalty more than RA past many years and not just SkyMiles (a long list to be sure) but other elite perks such as SDC, and on and on!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
To the 3G&G cheerleaders.....remember this post.

The devil you know is often much better than the devil you do not know.

The new guys are bean counters. I know, I am one.....

You may soon wish that Richard was still here....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.