Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Change in how waitlisted RUCs are shown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

I have a flight JFK-LAX-LAS with a RUC waitlisted on the long segment. Expanding the details used to show JFK-LAX (Y), LAX-LAS(Y), and JFK-LAX(D1, no seat selected) (and the return, LAS-JFK).
Now it shows just the two outgoing segments JFK-LAX and LAX-LAS, with no indication of the RUC (and the return, of course). I called, and was told that the RUC is still waitlisted.

If I go into the seating chart, it shows 4 flights.
JFK-LAX read-only (the waitlisted RUC)
JFK-LAX coach seat
LAX-LAS coach seat
LAS-JFK coach seat
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I recently was waitlisted with an ruc for slc-jfk and jfk-slc. Same for me - no indication of the waitlist on my itinerary but two seat maps show up for each of the flights.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME even the presence of the upgraded cabin seat maps depends on the version of the app you use.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I had the same situation for GUC's. Two seatmaps and no indication of wait list, but if I call, they assure me the waitlist is there.

Notably, when one segment cleared the waitlist, nothing changed and no one notified me. I learned of it only when I called to ask about something else on that itinerary.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I had the same situation for GUC's. Two seatmaps and no indication of wait list, but if I call, they assure me the waitlist is there.

Notably, when one segment cleared the waitlist, nothing changed and no one notified me. I learned of it only when I called to ask about something else on that itinerary.
This is surprising since usually the ticket needs to be reissued when the GUC clears. For many international trips, this means that you must pay increased taxes and fees, so DL needs your credit card before they can process the reissue.

This reminds me of a question: When GUCs clear at the gate at LHR, for example, does the GA take your credit to charge the additional "luxury tax"?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is surprising since usually the ticket needs to be reissued when the GUC clears. For many international trips, this means that you must pay increased taxes and fees, so DL needs your credit card before they can process the reissue.

This reminds me of a question: When GUCs clear at the gate at LHR, for example, does the GA take your credit to charge the additional "luxury tax"?
I've never heard of that or been charged on GUCs...but I guess I've also never flown to/through LHR on DL.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM
I don't see two seat maps on my RUC-waitlisted flights. I called and the agent sent a copy of my itinerary which lists them. Are you seeing two seat maps on a web browser or phone app?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
I've never heard of that or been charged on GUCs...but I guess I've also never flown to/through LHR on DL.
I had to pay by credit card, specifically in a later phone call so it wasn't automatic, when my two GUCs cleared at time of ticketing on MSP-LHR and LHR-MSP.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
IME even the presence of the upgraded cabin seat maps depends on the version of the app you use.
I was referring to the website (Firefox on Windoze, if that matters).
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Perhaps not, because the tax is charged/applied earlier. E.g. When non-revs book a J flight, they're charged the tax. If they end up flying in Y, they don't get a refund.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Perhaps not, because the tax is charged/applied earlier. E.g. When non-revs book a J flight, they're charged the tax. If they end up flying in Y, they don't get a refund.
Ouch. Then they have to estimate their chances before listing for J because it would be a shame to pay the "luxury tax" and sit in coach.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by tomSEA
I don't see two seat maps on my RUC-waitlisted flights. I called and the agent sent a copy of my itinerary which lists them. Are you seeing two seat maps on a web browser or phone app?
I see them on the web browser but not on the phone app.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I see them on the web browser but not on the phone app.
I currently have a GUC applied DTW-BWI and I see two seat maps on the web browser and a link to the "Upgrade/Standby" list on the app (this just errors out if you actually click on it). All my previous waitlisted GUCs/RUCs have appeared the same way.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I currently have a GUC applied DTW-BWI and I see two seat maps on the web browser and a link to the "Upgrade/Standby" list on the app (this just errors out if you actually click on it). All my previous waitlisted GUCs/RUCs have appeared the same way.
On the web browser, the flight used to be listed twice, once in Y (with a seat) and once in J (RO or whatever) with no seat.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I currently have a GUC applied DTW-BWI
I nearly choked until I remembered this was part of an international itinerary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.