RJs 5C & 5D

Old Jan 29, 16, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
RJs 5C & 5D

Generally i find 5C&D on the E175/E190s to be a nice seat. Is there some block on these seats on the delta.com?

Every seat map i view when shopping for a flight has 5C&D marked as unavailable. I never really paid that much attention to it as most trip are close in, but i have been shopping for a trips a few months out. I am seeing flights where 3 to 4 seats will be marked as unavailable on the whole flight (the rest of the plane wide open) and 5 C&D are always taken. I know they are good and people could be buying up or the first few seats are sold to Plats and Diamonds, but i find it strange i have not seen those seats open on any flight.
Old Jan 29, 16, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC these are seats blocked for those with special needs. You might be able to ge them if you ask the GA nicely, although they will be C+ and in principle should only be given to those eligible for C+ seating.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 29, 16 at 8:54 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 29, 16, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
If they're blocking the whole row, I think that's new... they used to block just one half...
Old Jan 30, 16, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Ok thanks, so they are gate released?
Old Jan 30, 16, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jalm1 View Post
Ok thanks, so they are gate released?
I've worked my way into 5CD (or 4CD on CR7s) at online check-in ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: