Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
OK, off to look for Android instructions. Yes, have the app which is one reason I'm not worried about US access. But I don't typically have data svc enabled when I travel overseas.
If you happen to have a Samsung S cell it' very easy. You just turn your hand on the side touch the screen and swipe from side to side. BTW A PDF barcode should be just as readable as if it was printed. Although the glare from some cell screens can cause problems reading.

Finally, even though I'm DM, I've shown the electronic card and had no problem with AF/KLM/The Chinese 3
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Motorola Droid and the power/volume down combo did the trick. I still don't like the look of it and gee I wish I had a real card (I'm old school, or just old ;-) but it has the bar code and the dates, so hopefully they'll let me in at CDG. It'll be just my luck to be in a terminal where they're renovating a lounge though Thanks for the help!!
^

I'm still pretty young, but I still like paper boarding passes and my physical airline cards when overseas - battery never dies on those. My wife makes fun of me because I still get paper bank statements in the mail, too.

Glad you worked it out - safe travels!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm still pretty young, but I still like paper boarding passes and my physical airline cards when overseas - battery never dies on those.
(I'm GenX - am I middle age now? Guess so) Technically we're still supposed to scan & upload our boarding passes with our expense reports at work I try to remember to pdf one when I check in online (and I'm often traveling with my husband so we don't use electronic passes since you can't check in two at the same time) This is, of course, in addition to the actual receipt for the ticket which must also be included.....Ah, bureaucracy
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
(I'm GenX - am I middle age now? Guess so) Technically we're still supposed to scan & upload our boarding passes with our expense reports at work I try to remember to pdf one when I check in online (and I'm often traveling with my husband so we don't use electronic passes since you can't check in two at the same time) This is, of course, in addition to the actual receipt for the ticket which must also be included.....Ah, bureaucracy
Hah, I'm borderline GenX as well, and used to also work for a place that made us *mail in* our paper BPs with expense reports. Such a PITA. This was especially fun back before mobile BPs were big and WN/FL wanted to collect your paper BP as you boarded.

Thankfully now I just need to submit my PDF flight receipt. Some of our pickier clients won't let us submit until it shows FLWN, which is fine.

FWIW, the DL app (at least on my Android) will let you check in multiple pax on the same PNR at once, and then toggle through the BPs. It's somewhat more annoying than just checking in separately on your own phones, but it is possible.

But again...paper has never failed me at a scanner.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I reached GM back in May and never got a "brag tag". I'm a couple of thousand MQM short of PM and wonder if I will get my tag then
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eddie98
I reached GM back in May and never got a "brag tag". I'm a couple of thousand MQM short of PM and wonder if I will get my tag then
GMs no longer get a credentials packet, unfortunately. You should receive a PM packet a month or two after qualification.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by WWads
GMs no longer get a credentials packet, unfortunately. You should receive a PM packet a month or two after qualification.
Thanks, I just hit PM 2 weeks ago. This will be my first "brag tag" ever. I have never flown this much in my life so I'm excited.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
I really wish I would have saved my silver medallion brag tags.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Just hit DL Plat this past weekend. Is it safe to assume that I will not receive my Plat credentials packet at this point in the year now?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kxc262
Just hit DL Plat this past weekend. Is it safe to assume that I will not receive my Plat credentials packet at this point in the year now?
FWIW I think last year I hit PM at the end of October and still got a packet.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kxc262
You should still get it. From what I remember they only stop sending them for those that hit PM in Nov/Dec.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for the update guys! ^
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I went through all the ranks this year and got my PM and DM packets about 2 weeks after qualifying for each. Ironically, I have a project that's stalled and so I've only taken 6 trips since hitting DM in July, as opposed to the 35 or so I took to get to DM.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
What if you qualify in early November for PM? I flew Delta for years and had GM or PM(sometimes). Now back on Delta and will hit PM on Nov 10th.

Assume might just get it before end of year or beginning of the following?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: SkyMiles Silver/MM, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus/newbie, AAdvantage/novice
Does anyone know what happened to Million Miler luggage tags? I flew on AA once, and they ripped off mine...
And according to Delta Cust Service, they don't make/send out them any more. Is this true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.