Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Select your PM/DM choice benefits here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/choice-benefits.html
Print Wikipost

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
BUMP.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
One hour plus (assuming the deadline is EST). Getting tight.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't be tardy to the party. The DL website has been know to malfunction.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
2020 Choice Benefits are live! I grabbed my RUC's in anticipation of a trip to PHX to see the new SC.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Took a quick look at them. Appearantly no changes in the 2020 Platinum and 2020 Diamond choice benefits.
I did appreciate the ability to pick a Delta Sky Club membership that is valid through January 31, 2021, no need to use a 2019 choice benefit & you can wait and use a 2022 choice benefit for you next SC membership
DCAhome likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat, Ambassador, Hertz Five Star
I think I know the answer to this -- but if I forgot to do it yesterday -- no recourse, right? Thanks all.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Took a quick look at them. Appearantly no changes in the 2020 Platinum and 2020 Diamond choice benefits.
I did appreciate the ability to pick a Delta Sky Club membership that is valid through January 31, 2021, no need to use a 2019 choice benefit & you can wait and use a 2022 choice benefit for you next SC membership
Is this a mistake? You seem to be getting two years of SC membership for one choice benefit, although of course not many people (primarily those with foreign addresses so the the MQD requirement doesn't apply) have earned PM or especially DM status so early in the year despite rollover.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajg276
I think I know the answer to this -- but if I forgot to do it yesterday -- no recourse, right? Thanks all.
OUCH. Maybe you could ask politely for a weather waiver since the northeastern USA is so messed up right now. Can we assume that you weren't on some longhaul flight last night or dealing with DL IROPs?

I haven't seen reports of delta.dumb being down for the count as the deadline approached and "wifi out" seems to be a modern version of "the dog ate my homework."
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this a mistake? You seem to be getting two years of SC membership for one choice benefit, although of course not many people (primarily those with foreign addresses so the the MQD requirement doesn't apply) have earned PM or especially DM status so early in the year despite rollover.
It sounds like he already made DM. This is definitely a benefit of "early qualification".

I have Skyclub access via Delta Reserve so didn't need the choice benefits for Skyclub access, but was able to gift Gold Medallion status for about 22 months (March '18 through Jan '20) when I re-qualified for DM in March this past year.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
2019 is already one month old. Assume I'm not alone having already a couple of intercontinental trips done in January. One trip in La première and you're halfway the MQD requirement, 2 more international in business and you will pass that MQD requirement. Together with rollover MQM's and/or no MQD requirements i'm guessing that there are already quit some people who qualified for 2020 PM/DM and select a SC membership/gift gold status valid through January 31, 2021.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Grouchy
2019 is already one month old. Assume I'm not alone having already a couple of intercontinental trips done in January. One trip in La première and you're halfway the MQD requirement, 2 more international in business and you will pass that MQD requirement. Together with rollover MQM's and/or no MQD requirements i'm guessing that there are already quit some people who qualified for 2020 PM/DM and select a SC membership/gift gold status valid through January 31, 2021.
Exactly. MQD's already set for DM, and a short trip on 2/6-2/7 will finish up my MQM's. I like the bonus of the long period for the gifted GM status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.