Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Select your PM/DM choice benefits here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/choice-benefits.html
Print Wikipost

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ty97
I did a status match in 2016 but then eventually also qualified via regular means. As a result, my account currently shows me as eligible to select PM benefits for 2016 and PM benefits for 2017. Am I correct that I have until 1/31/17 to select the 2016 benefits and until 1/31/18 to choose the 2017 benefits?

New to this, so appreciate the help.
Correct. Technically though I don't think you should have gotten 2016 benefits. What you got in 2016 was really 2017 status given to you early. Regardless if it allows you to take them, take it.

BTW while most feel it's a waste, the expiration date for gifting of FO status is the end of that choice year. Thus even if you select it today as your 2016 choice benefit the status would expire on Jan 31 2017. RUC though expire one year from date of issue. So if you want them wait till Jan 31 to select your 2016 choice benefit and till you need them for the 2017 choice benefit.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC you can log into your FF account and start to select your choice benefits to see what you have and what the deadlines are.

However, as mentioned above, be sure to pay attention to when the status gifts expire (and when they can be granted, as the rule seems to be that the giftee's status of the same level must first expire, which seems to result in a gap of a few days, RIP Kevin Pinto who was able to help folks on this) versus when the RUCs and GUCs expire. IIRC the $200 DL credits or gift cards also expire a year after they're selected. I don't recall how the SC membership expirations are treated.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC you can log into your FF account and start to select your choice benefits to see what you have and what the deadlines are.

However, as mentioned above, be sure to pay attention to when the status gifts expire (and when they can be granted, as the rule seems to be that the giftee's status of the same level must first expire, which seems to result in a gap of a few days, RIP Kevin Pinto who was able to help folks on this) versus when the RUCs and GUCs expire. IIRC the $200 DL credits or gift cards also expire a year after they're selected. I don't recall how the SC membership expirations are treated.
The SC upgrade, upgrades to the end of that status year.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by deltalirious
Thank you so very much.
It would be so great if DL would post this on the CB redemption site.
I was told just this week by an agent that the last date was now 12/31.
Why Delta continues to shroud this in mystery is, indeed, a mystery to me.
Even the DM agents don't seem to know.
Thanks again for keeping us informed.
It is posted in plain English on the CB redemption site:

Members who qualify for 2017 status in 2016 will only be eligible for 2017 Choice Benefits. Choice Benefits selections for 2016 status need to be made by January 31, 2017; selections for 2017 status need to be made by January 31, 2018.
Note sure why so many people have trouble understanding how this works...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Bump. Amazingly, I just received a reminder email from DL to select my 2016 Medallion Year Choice Benefit. Wasn't expecting DL to actually send out a reminder!

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Bump. Amazingly, I just received a reminder email from DL to select my 2016 Medallion Year Choice Benefit. Wasn't expecting DL to actually send out a reminder!

-FlyerBeek
javabytes was a couple days ahead of you ...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jrl767
javabytes was a couple days ahead of you ...
Actually javabytes was a few weeks behind. Look when flyer Beek first bumped this thread. Jan 1. Javabytes just created a duplicate thread.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Doing my part to keep on page 1, just in case my alarm notifications and sticky notes on my office computer fail. Waited until the 29th last year. Will be returning from HKG on the 29th using my last GUC.

i think I'll pull the trigger on the 30th this year; something very uncomfortable about waiting til the 31st.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Stygian7
i think I'll pull the trigger on the 30th this year; something very uncomfortable about waiting til the 31st.
Likewise. I've got no immediate need for the regional upgrades and waiting until the 30th will make them valid through the last weekend of January 2018.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Likewise. I've got no immediate need for the regional upgrades and waiting until the 30th will make them valid through the last weekend of January 2018.

-FlyerBeek
Same for me!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

-FlyerBeek
Yeah, I was surprised to get the email too.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same here, got the email... but funny thing is it talked about selecting my diamond benefits and listed those, even though I just have my plat benefit remaining to select for 2016.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 pm

Final reminder bump. Selections for 2016 need to be made by tomorrow.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Made mine today. Was a bit worried that the IT problems would interfere, but everything went fine. Of course, I have a screenshot and hard copy of the confirmation, just in case
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

BUMP. Depending on time zone rules, we're down to about the final twelve hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.