Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MN Vikings purchase site of former NW headquarters in Eagen MN

Old Jan 20, 16, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

The tentative plan is to make this the location of new training facilities for the team, including fields for practice games, etc.

There's talk of this eventually including a new hotel and other facilities for fans too.
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
I this deal was done a while ago. They have a lot of plans to do things over there. My companies R&D HQ is right by there.
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:25 am

It's Eagan, not Eagen.

The deal was in the works for some time; the purchase agreement was just concluded.

Working for one of NW's IT providers, I spent a bit of time there. I expect that the former HQ office building and a flight simulator building will both be demolished.

Last edited by lostone; Jan 20, 16 at 8:40 am Reason: Corrected incomplete sentence.
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's in the news today.
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lostone View Post
It's Eagan, not Eagen.

The deal was in the works for some time; the purchase agreement was just concluded.

Working for one of NW's IT providers, I spent a bit of time in their. The former HQ office building and a flight simulator building will likely be demolished.
It's there, not their.
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:46 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
Does this mean NWA is never coming back?
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:53 am

I live pretty close to there in Eagan...I'm just hoping it boosts my property value!

Although my step-daughter wouldn't mind if Teddy Bridgewater moved in close to us.
Old Jan 20, 16, 10:21 am

I live in Eagan. Kinda cool. There are definitely some rich areas of Eagan, so there'll be plenty of houses for the Vikings players to buy. Perhaps one could buy former NWA CEO Steve Rothmeier's castle. http://www.startribune.com/airline-e...ome/308486931/
Old Jan 20, 16, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lostone View Post
It's Eagan, not Eagen.

Working for one of NW's IT providers, I spent a bit of time there. I expect that the former HQ office building and a flight simulator building will both be demolished.
Sorry, Eaganites.
Old Jan 20, 16, 7:13 pm

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Ambassador
Hopefully the Vikings aren't planning to rely on their kicker to seal this deal.
Old Jan 20, 16, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post
Hopefully the Vikings aren't planning to rely on their kicker to seal this deal.
If they were, I'm sure he'd come through for them the first 3 times.
Old Jan 20, 16, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post
Words Hurt

Search this Thread
Search Engine: