Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skyclub groundhog day, broccoli cheese and vegetarian chili soups

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM

Ugh, seems like it's been 6 weeks of that stuff. Horrible thing to do to people before they board a tight enclosed space. Can't they find anything less gassey?

Note, last record of it I saw was last Thursday, hopefully it's changed since then.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I saw these soups in two SCs on Sunday, January 17, 2016.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 19, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Couldn't agree more. I usually enjoy their soups, but these two options are horrid.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Actually I'm OK with the broccoli cheese soup, but then I liked the earlier winter squash offering.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Ditto Jan 7, 8, 11, 12.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Actually I'm OK with the broccoli cheese soup, but then I liked the earlier winter squash offering.
I think it's very unhealthy!! Cheese and cream with a few broccoli florets?? No thx.

Question. Why do the Sky Clubs not have to post calorie information like other chain restaurants? I was under the impression that was a new legal requirement passed with the affordable care act? No?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:43 pm

It's calcium and protein with a big dose of fat.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mridley2
I think it's very unhealthy!! Cheese and cream with a few broccoli florets?? No thx.

Question. Why do the Sky Clubs not have to post calorie information like other chain restaurants? I was under the impression that was a new legal requirement passed with the affordable care act? No?
Arrrrrghh!!

Good Lord! Just relax and hava Red Velvet Double White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Peanut Butter cookie!

Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
Arrrrrghh!!

Good Lord! Just relax and hava Red Velvet Double White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Peanut Butter cookie!

Can I have mine with bittersweet chocolate icing please?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:06 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by jeffjohnvol
Ugh, seems like it's been 6 weeks of that stuff. Horrible thing to do to people before they board a tight enclosed space. Can't they find anything less gassey?

Note, last record of it I saw was last Thursday, hopefully it's changed since then.
It's the latest enhancement. Inflight aromatherapy.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
On Sunday DTW SkyClub had the gumbo, not the broccoli cheddar.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by mridley2

...there is a vegetarian option that I am sure is much healthier. There are also vegetables.

It's the SC, not Whole Foods.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:04 am

Broccoli is a veggie--it's even green.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I found its pretty good if you take some of the raw broccoli from the veggie area, put that in a soup cup, and then pour some soup over it. Normally the soup is hot enough to warm up the raw broccoli and start to cook it after a few min. I tend to like broccoli soup with lots of brocc in it, not just a green color liquid

Oh and I've seen some other soups around... guess it depends on the SC location.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by rylan
I found its pretty good if you take some of the raw broccoli from the veggie area, put that in a soup cup, and then pour some soup over it. Normally the soup is hot enough to warm up the raw broccoli and start to cook it after a few min. I tend to like broccoli soup with lots of brocc in it, not just a green color liquid

Oh and I've seen some other soups around... guess it depends on the SC location.
Good idea.

I guess you could use the same method to add cheese or even beer to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.