Search

Silly seating question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
Silly seating question

Salutations fellow FlyerTalk folks,

Have been off-line and not travelling for some time, but new job and lots of new int'l travel to begin as of mid February.

Looking into itineraries for my first flight of the year, IAD - FCO. Would like to fly DL given my status. I note that the ATL-FCO ship is listed as a B767-400ER.

Other options are AF through CDG and UA/LH through MUC. I dislike UA's cabins and service (with the weird rear-facing seats in business).

Is business elite in the DL planes always lie-flat?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Delta One is always flat bed (full flat bed, not angled lie flat), as long as the plane is not a 757 which is used for a few short, unpopular transatlantic routes.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Noted with thanks...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I thought Alitalia used to fly IAD-FCO nonstop, but the only non-stops I can pull up using ITA Matrix are on UA starting in April. One option I do see is connecting to Alitalia through JFK.

I bring this up because a number of people on here complain about the 767 seats in business (Delta One), but I have read good things about AZ, particularly their food and wine. If you go that route, you might want to start from DCA instead of IAD in order to avoid a 50-seater without an F cabin on WAS-JFK.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Grazie!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mattp1987

I bring this up because a number of people on here complain about the 767 seats in business (Delta One)
To the OP, the 767 seats are often considered to be the least comfortable of the Delta 1 seats, especially for people with either large feet and/or wide shoulders. Preferences of seating appear to be Row 1 windows> odd-numbered windows > even-numbered windows > center aisles ( unless you have a travel companion). Row 1 seats have a larger footwell, but there is some front end noise and the lavs are way behind you, behind row 9. YMMV.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by javabytes
Delta One is always flat bed (full flat bed, not angled lie flat), as long as the plane is not a 757 which is used for a few short, unpopular transatlantic routes.
All the D1 757-200s are lie flat but not aisle access. The fleet numbers 18, going to 23. Let's ignore for the moment the 757-300 (always domestic F config) that ran to Iceland for a few weeks last summer.

The OP can find seating info for all DL aircraft types at

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../Aircraft.html
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
All the D1 757-200s are lie flat but not aisle access. The fleet numbers 18, going to 23. Let's ignore for the moment the 757-300 (always domestic F config) that ran to Iceland for a few weeks last summer.

The OP can find seating info for all DL aircraft types at

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../Aircraft.html
That's what I was referring to. And they're running a domestic configured 752 across the pond again this summer for several months (June-August, from a quick glance)
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Second the suggestion that row 1 windows (or odd numbered windows) are best on the 767 with the weird offset seat config, because you are away from the aisle (with your table, etc. between you and the aisle) vs the even numbered windows where your seat is right next to the aisle and the table is between the seat and the window. I prefer the buffer from the aisle.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:06 pm

deleted, didn't read full thread
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matthew64832
Second the suggestion that row 1 windows (or odd numbered windows) are best on the 767 with the weird offset seat config, because you are away from the aisle (with your table, etc. between you and the aisle) vs the even numbered windows where your seat is right next to the aisle and the table is between the seat and the window. I prefer the buffer from the aisle.
The first row also has much more legroom with the cutout in the bulkhead. Tradeoff being potentially more light/noise from up front, but this has never really bothered me.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the wonderful information, and the link with the seating arrangements for all DL flights. I had missed that...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
The first row also has much more legroom with the cutout in the bulkhead. Tradeoff being potentially more light/noise from up front, but this has never really bothered me.
I don't think the noise and light issues from the galley is that big of a concern.

But even so, that's why I travel with my own earplugs and eye mask. The ones in the amenity kit don't cut it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.