Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Job Well Done" MyDeltaRewards - does this program still exist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Job Well Done" MyDeltaRewards - does this program still exist?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Question "Job Well Done" MyDeltaRewards - does this program still exist?

I spent most of my day working on a complicated ticket...where "complicated" means, trying to get around all kinds of rules to finagle myself a biz class ticket 1/2 around the world.

Which I finally did! All thanks to one VERY good phone agent, after 4 or 5 failures before her.

(FYI yes you can combine 2 corporate travel agency tickets into a single new Delta-ticketed ticket and get all of your change fees waived! Yes! Yes! Yes!) (YMMV, ha)

So I gave her 2 of my "Job Well Done" codes, but I realized, I've had these certificates for a REALLY long time (like, over a year, at least, maybe 2 years?) and I don't remember Delta ever sending me new ones. Does this program still exist? Does Delta send them out to fliers anymore?

The phone agent was happy to take the codes so I'm assuming yes but curious why I haven't gotten any new ones.

Oh and - visiting http://www.mydeltarewards.com/ gets me nowhere. Shut down?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I hope the agent still gets credit.

Meanwhile, we are going all the way RTW.

Paris to JNB below on AF via DL miles. - AF Biz
ICN to DTW- BNA are on DL - Delta One/First

I think I booked them both online.

Have a good tirp
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by marcworld
So I gave her 2 of my "Job Well Done" codes, but I realized, I've had these certificates for a REALLY long time (like, over a year, at least, maybe 2 years?) and I don't remember Delta ever sending me new ones. Does this program still exist? Does Delta send them out to fliers anymore?

The phone agent was happy to take the codes so I'm assuming yes but curious why I haven't gotten any new ones.

I received new certs in my DM packet this year, but they now tell the employee to go to DeltaNet, not the URL you cite.

I occasionally find old unused certs (the older ones also have higher point values), and just tell the agent they're old and I hope they still work. They always seem happy to try.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One might take the time to send a snail-mail letter to the exec offices, naming the employee and commending the effort.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I hope the agent still gets credit.

Meanwhile, we are going all the way RTW.

Paris to JNB below on AF via DL miles. - AF Biz
ICN to DTW- BNA are on DL - Delta One/First

I think I booked them both online.

Have a good tirp
How much does a round-the-world fare cost?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I spent most of my day working on a complicated ticket...where "complicated" means, trying to get around all kinds of rules to finagle myself a biz class ticket 1/2 around the world.

Which I finally did! All thanks to one VERY good phone agent, after 4 or 5 failures before her.

(FYI yes you can combine 2 corporate travel agency tickets into a single new Delta-ticketed ticket and get all of your change fees waived! Yes! Yes! Yes!) (YMMV, ha)

I received some the last two years re-qualifying as diamond but I always lose them. I've never thought of giving one to a phone agent, but have given them to flight attendants when I didn't lose them. I've also tweeted Delta a flight attendant's name and the flight number asking for them to be recognized.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How much does a round-the-world fare cost?
Most of the true RTW ticket options are not so great anymore, especially in premium cabins. We are doing this almost totally with miles/points using many airlines. Every flight is biz or 1st except one.

Emirates(AlaskaAir miles)
AF (Delta miles)
BA (Amex)
Qatar (AA)
Singapore (Chase)
Cathay (AA)
Delta
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Almost all my JWD certificates are given to DL agents who resolve complex international ticket issues for me. I hope another batch will come my way this year.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:47 am
Suspended

Most of the true RTW ticket options are not so great anymore, especially in premium cabins. We are doing this almost totally with miles/points using many airlines. Every flight is biz or 1st except one.

Emirates(AlaskaAir miles)
AF (Delta miles)
BA (Amex)
Qatar (AA)
Singapore (Chase)
Cathay (AA)
Delta
I knew Delta eliminated the round-the-world by Sky Miles option, but I've read somewhere that Sky Team offers a paid round-the-world flight pass option. I was curious the pricing and how it works in reality.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I knew Delta eliminated the round-the-world by Sky Miles option, but I've read somewhere that Sky Team offers a paid round-the-world flight pass option. I was curious the pricing and how it works in reality.
Yes they do. I just did a quick price and it was over $8,000 in economy. Can not imagine what it would be in biz/first.

Here is the page:
http://www.skyteam.com/en/Flights-an...ses/Go-Global/
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:33 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Yes they do. I just did a quick price and it was over $8,000 in economy. Can not imagine what it would be in biz/first.

Here is the page:
http://www.skyteam.com/en/Flights-an...ses/Go-Global/
Wow. It has been a long time since I did a RTW ticket but at the time in coach it was something like $3K plus taxes.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by fti
Wow. It has been a long time since I did a RTW ticket but at the time in coach it was something like $3K plus taxes.
That is what it should be for a "special fare" (RTW) like that to be actually special and not just the sum of a bunch of one-ways.

I was on several JAL flights recently where they kept advertising OneWorld RTW tickets. Under $3K Y, around $6K J, and under $8K F, were the prices advertised (but I haven't checked is it always flat or does it vary). The theme of the ads was (from what I could gather from the Japanese) of how affordable it is to go on an RTW exploration trip.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RealHJ
That is what it should be for a "special fare" (RTW) like that to be actually special and not just the sum of a bunch of one-ways.

I was on several JAL flights recently where they kept advertising OneWorld RTW tickets. Under $3K Y, around $6K J, and under $8K F, were the prices advertised (but I haven't checked is it always flat or does it vary). The theme of the ads was (from what I could gather from the Japanese) of how affordable it is to go on an RTW exploration trip.
They have different levels. Guessing those prices were the base level. My trip below is just over 38,000.

"Choose from the following packages based on the miles you plan to travel:
38,000 miles
33,000 miles
29,000 miles
26,000 miles"
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
They have different levels. Guessing those prices were the base level. My trip below is just over 38,000.

"Choose from the following packages based on the miles you plan to travel:
38,000 miles
33,000 miles
29,000 miles
26,000 miles"
This +1.

and btw while mydeltarewards.com may have ended the program may not. Delta has been integrating all the different website they were using and on partner site back to on Delta like the agent use to have a site for DL GDS info it has now integrated to pro.delta.com
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:02 am
Suspended

Even $8-10,000 is fairly reasonable for a round-the-world ticket in business-class, when you consider many intercontinental business-class flights have regular fares of $5,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.