Is Delta Now Blocking Exit Rows?

Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Is Delta Now Blocking Exit Rows?

As a PM, it is sad that I cannot now book Delta Comfort (or whatever they now call it) during booking.

I was checking some flights after May 15th and saw that exit rows were also blocked off. Is this the latest enhancement?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM
In my experience once you purchase the ticket and go back into your record, the exit rows are available, if indeed they are available
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bubbashow
In my experience once you purchase the ticket and go back into your record, the exit rows are available, if indeed they are available
Correct, you can't select any of the preferred seats until your reservation is ticketed. If you book direct with Delta, that happens pretty quickly.

If you book via another ticketing agency, it could take a while.

My company uses BCD and my Delta tickets usually go through in less than an hour, sometimes just a few minutes.

David
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I believe you are correct. I booked tickets yesterday, went to select seats on exit row and I was able to do it.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
My company uses Concur (gasp) and the past two bookings (within the past two weeks) I have been unable to book any specific "premium" seat (exit nor EC) at time of booking. But 24 hours later I can go into my Delta account and change seats to EC or exit row.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
I use Concur for work. Just this morning I booked at MSP-SEA-PDX. After I got my information that it was ticketed, then I opened my Delta App and moved to an exit row. Not that it should matter but I am a GM.

I wonder if the exit seats are not blocked but already occupied.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that you do not actually have to purchase to see or select the exit row seats on delta.com. You do have to select your flights and enter passenger info first (will be filled in automatically if you are logged in) and get to the flight confirmation page. At that point, they will become visible and selectable. They are just not shown as available in the initial flight listings when you are searching. This has been the case for close to a year now and there are several existing threads on the topic.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...fares-pax.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...row-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ilability.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ats-now-c.html

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 5, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by BigDawg23
I use Concur for work. Just this morning I booked at MSP-SEA-PDX. After I got my information that it was ticketed, then I opened my Delta App and moved to an exit row. Not that it should matter but I am a GM.

You should be able to open the App and select Preferred seats as soon as the reservation is made. There's a nice glitch in the DL App that allows you to select Comfort Plus and Preferred seats even when the reservation isn't ticketed. DL.com will catch it. But through the App you can get what you want. I do this regularly for the gov't fares I regularly fly on which don't ticket until a few days before departure.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:15 pm

That was my experience as well, when I booked two tickets on Sunday. There were no C+ aisles available, but I was able to select two adjoining emergency exit aisles on an A320, which I consider to be superior to any C+ seat, as there is more legroom.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
You should be able to open the App and select Preferred seats as soon as the reservation is made. There's a nice glitch in the DL App that allows you to select Comfort Plus and Preferred seats even when the reservation isn't ticketed. DL.com will catch it. But through the App you can get what you want. I do this regularly for the gov't fares I regularly fly on which don't ticket until a few days before departure.
Good advice...I'll take a look at this next time!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by BigDawg23

Concur has the same issue with AA seats as well. I think its a Concur problem, not a Delta problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.