FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Anyone have current AF J TATL dinner menus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1735393-anyone-have-current-af-j-tatl-dinner-menus.html)

Steve007NY Dec 30, 15 10:01 pm

Anyone have current AF J TATL dinner menus?
 
Flying JFK-CDG next Saturday evening and returning to weeks later. Both dinner flights. I'm naturally incredibly curious, my brother is also a picky eater and I need to see whether there will be choices or she ther I need to order something special for him. Try posting on the AF site but didn't get much by way of helpful feedback-would love specific menus

Thanks

355F1 Dec 31, 15 12:28 am

You can order a la carte meals on their website for your flight.

I can't answer your question but I can tell you that I flew AF's J for the first time yesterday CDG-LAX and the food was omg soOoOoOo much better than anything I have ever had in Delta's BE/D1/whatevertheywanttocallit. ^^^

Grouchy Dec 31, 15 3:25 am

On AF french flights they will start with:

a mise en bouche after that;

a gourmet appetizer (goose foie gras) and seasonal salad

Choice of main course, tends to be;
one beef
one fish
vegetarian
and a today's suggestions (imo most of the time the best choice)

our special selection of cheese (stuff like camembert, Sainte-Maure)

desserts (dessert trio); something like tartlets, cupcakes
sorbet and fresh fruit salad

2nd meal:
Appetizer

choice of main course

dessert

and ofc the usual drinks:

2x blanx 2x rouge 1x champagne
apéritifs
port
beer
soft drinks
mineral water
coffee, tea and hot chocolate
digestifs

after the 1st meal you can help yourself at the business class cabin bar (or ask a FA)

bennos Dec 31, 15 9:00 am


Originally Posted by Grouchy (Post 25939381)
Choice of main course, tends to be;
one beef
one fish
vegetarian
and a today's suggestions (imo most of the time the best choice)

IME JFK-CDG only has two choices eastbound, plus the today's suggestion. Of the three, one tends to be vegetarian or maybe seafood. The eastbound service is abbreviated compared to the westbound service, given the time and length of the flight.

Breakfast is worth sleeping through, as you can get materially the same food in the lounges at CDG.

dilbertsdaddy Dec 31, 15 10:21 am

Flew AF ATL-CDG recently. Had not flown them in years.

Had some type of chicken dish - far better than anything I've had on DL in recent memory.

Nice cheese, dessert, etc.

Really good meal.

Agree with another poster the breakfast was nothing to write home about. I think I might give DL the edge on that.

FA's were much better than DL, I was shocked.

Amenity kit had nice sized mouthwash and nice toothbrush with cover. Better than DL.

Better IFE than DL.

I was dreading this flight and it far exceeded my expectations.

Why was I on AF? Because DL wanted $2000 more.

Steve007NY Dec 31, 15 10:32 am

Thanks so much. Is Foie gras still serve before dinner? (Knowing my brother, who probably forgo half of dinner and love the breakfast! :-)

bennos Dec 31, 15 10:47 am


Originally Posted by Steve007NY (Post 25941404)
Thanks so much. Is Foie gras still serve before dinner? (Knowing my brother, who probably forgo half of dinner and love the breakfast! :-)

On the eastbound, it's served with the first set of dishes.

Grouchy Dec 31, 15 10:53 am

Two weeks ago it was, the sequence is as written in post #3

UVAhoo06 Dec 31, 15 12:45 pm

I'm flying in J from JFK to CDG on an AF flight departing at 11:30 PM. "Meal Service" on DL.com says only breakfast.

I'll be connecting from another flight and won't likely have time to grab dinner before this transatlantic segment. If dinner is served and it's abbreviated, will it include all the aforementioned plates/courses -- though perhaps all on one tray? Or, I could just pass out and eat the breakfast -- though I've heard that the breakfast isn't anything special or even tasty. Maybe just a few random pastries and coffee?

bennos Dec 31, 15 2:30 pm


Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 (Post 25942117)
I'm flying in J from JFK to CDG on an AF flight departing at 11:30 PM. "Meal Service" on DL.com says only breakfast.

I'll be connecting from another flight and won't likely have time to grab dinner before this transatlantic segment. If dinner is served and it's abbreviated, will it include all the aforementioned plates/courses -- though perhaps all on one tray? Or, I could just pass out and eat the breakfast -- though I've heard that the breakfast isn't anything special or even tasty. Maybe just a few random pastries and coffee?

You should get the eastbound abbreviated service, which is a single tray with everything on it, except the entree. The entree will be brought later, after you finish the starters.

The AF lounge at JFK also has a light buffet... not quite a meal but decent.

bennos Dec 31, 15 2:33 pm


Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy (Post 25941348)
I was dreading this flight and it far exceeded my expectations.

Why was I on AF? Because DL wanted $2000 more.

I've been quite happy with the AF J product. The BEST configured 777s (1-2-1) are fantastic (of course every seat should have a mirror so you can always look your best), and the A380s are quote tolerable (especially westbound). I'd try to avoid the 2-3-2 configs until they eventually get phased out, but out of JFK at least they fly pretty much every config so there's usually a choice.

SDQBound Dec 31, 15 3:07 pm


Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 (Post 25942117)
I'm flying in J from JFK to CDG on an AF flight departing at 11:30 PM. "Meal Service" on DL.com says only breakfast.

I'll be connecting from another flight and won't likely have time to grab dinner before this transatlantic segment. If dinner is served and it's abbreviated, will it include all the aforementioned plates/courses -- though perhaps all on one tray? Or, I could just pass out and eat the breakfast -- though I've heard that the breakfast isn't anything special or even tasty. Maybe just a few random pastries and coffee?

I'm also flight J on that flight next week. (note that the flight time has been changed to 11:55 instead of 11:30 pm). While DL.com says breakfast, af.com says dinner / breakfast. Abbreviated service means that they will place the first course, dessert, and cheese at once, and then will place the main course as you finish the first one. It's the same for all JFK-CDG AF flights.

ATOBTTR Dec 31, 15 5:34 pm

Similar note:
Does anyone know in what order AF does meal orders on the A380 in J? This coming summer I am flying CDG-SFO on the A380. Does AF use FEBO? And if they use FEBO, do they start on the A/B side of the plane and then work their way toward the back, wrap around, and then work from back to front on the K/L side? Or do they work down both aisles using FEBO? Right now my wife and I have a set of K/L seats toward the front of the aircraft.

Steve007NY Dec 31, 15 5:53 pm

Thanks for all the info. Actually, pretty funny. Had quite a scare is the configuration on my CDG-JFK flight wasn't one that showed up on Seat guru. It will be my brothers second "front of the plane" experience, and I really wanted it to be special. It looks like the flight has the BEST configuration. Given that it's going to be quite a day (leave for TLV at 4 AM for a 745 flight, his first trip to Paris (I've learned to squeeze a lot into those seven hour laYovers) then the flight to JFK it's great that will have lie flat seats and a great (for me, anyway-he's the picky eater a) dinner.

DLGrkItalNY Dec 31, 15 6:47 pm


Originally Posted by ATOBTTR (Post 25943304)
Similar note:
Does anyone know in what order AF does meal orders on the A380 in J? This coming summer I am flying CDG-SFO on the A380. Does AF use FEBO? And if they use FEBO, do they start on the A/B side of the plane and then work their way toward the back, wrap around, and then work from back to front on the K/L side? Or do they work down both aisles using FEBO? Right now my wife and I have a set of K/L seats toward the front of the aircraft.

On the AF A380 they have two sets of crew serving per side. One set starts in the front of the J cabin (row 60) and works their way back; while the other starts at the rear (row 73) and works their way forward. They meet in the middle.

If you are in the forward J cabin (rows 60-64) you should have no issues obtaining your first choice.

Bon voyage.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:29 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.